Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 F5 board with a i5-760 and the EVGA GT 240 card (01G-P3-1236-LR). Like some other posts I see with my board, my install does not make it to the OSX Installation screen whether using the "-x" (safe mode), "PCIRootUID=1" or no option with iBoot. Once I get past the initial black and white "Apple" screen, the screen either comes up a solid black with the spinning color wheel (when iBoot is executed with no option or "-x") or a solid blue screen (with "PCIRootUID=1") but the machine ultimately turns off and gets no further. Seems like its doing "the most" with "PCIRootUID=1" as the systems sits at the solid blue screen for quite a while as the OSX installation DVD is getting continually accessed but still no cigar. The machine shuts off and that's it.

Has anyone who has had this issue found a solution? I have not seen any posts regarding this but I thought there might be a few geniuses out there who may have found one but had not posted a answer.

Well, I have been trying a bunch a things and it turns out the problem is the DVD drive itself. Actually, its a Liteon DVD/BR drive and I am not sure the problem is because it is a Blu-Ray device and there is some compatibility problems with OSX or the drive is defective though the drive did not appear to have problems booting up with iBoot. Nonetheless, I tried a "cheap" DVD drive from 1 of my Linux boxes and it immediately took off. I really hope though, I can find some way to use the BD as it was rather expensive and I really do want to watch Blu-Ray (maybe someone could advise me but I will check other posts). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back