Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 4550 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got SL installed and working pretty well as long as I boot from my iBoot DVD. But, I can't seem to get it going straight from chameleon r700. I have installed 10.6.6 and used the DSDT file for my MB in multibeast. It hangs on "jnl: disk0s3: journal replay done.". Any ideas? Oh, and disregard the viD card in my profile, I changed to a HIS Radeon 5670, and it works great.

Rakurai said:
I got SL installed and working pretty well as long as I boot from my iBoot DVD. But, I can't seem to get it going straight from chameleon r700. I have installed 10.6.6 and used the DSDT file for my MB in multibeast. It hangs on "jnl: disk0s3: journal replay done.". Any ideas? Oh, and disregard the viD card in my profile, I changed to a HIS Radeon 5670, and it works great.

What options did you choose in Multibeast exactly? Maybe you missed something.

Did you run Kext Utility after installing your options from Multibeast?

Sorry, I was trying to dash off a post on my iPhone before class, I should have elaborated more.

I am installing on a ASUS P7P55D with an i5-750, 4GB ram, 500GB SATA drive configured as AHCI, and a HIS Radeon HD 5670 1GB card.

I booted with iBoot 2.6, replaced the DVD and installed OSX 10.6 from a retail DVD on a 100GB partition configured as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It successfully booted into OSX (from the iBoot DVD) and I got through the setup questions. I then installed the 10.6.6 update from .dmg, and before rebooting, ran Multibeast with the following options:

UserDSDS Install (with .aml script for P7P55D from the database on my desktop)
System Utilities>Rebuild Caches
System Utilities>Repair Permissions
Drivers>Kexts>Audio>Universal>VoodooHDA 0.2.56
OSx86 Software>All

After that, I tried rebooting straight from the hard drive, but it powered itself off everytime I tried, even trying to do safe mode. I was still able to insert my iBoot DVD and boot from that into my Snow partition, so I did that, and ran Multibeast again, this time adding:

Drivers>Bootloaders>Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
Customization>Boot Options>64-bit Apple Boot Screen
Customization>Boot Options>PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon

Now, it doesn't power itself off when I try to boot without the DVD, but if I boot in verbose mode, it hangs on the line I mentioned above.

You asked if I had run the Kext Utility, does that do the same thing as rebuilding caches and repairing permissions in Multibeast? In case it doesn't, I ran the Kext Utility and am about to test it out.

I'm kinda new at this, so at this point my next course of action is trying Multibeast settings randomly :p Any insights?

Rakurai said:
Sorry, I was trying to dash off a post on my iPhone before class, I should have elaborated more.

I am installing on a ASUS P7P55D with an i5-750, 4GB ram, 500GB SATA drive configured as AHCI, and a HIS Radeon HD 5670 1GB card.

I booted with iBoot 2.6, replaced the DVD and installed OSX 10.6 from a retail DVD on a 100GB partition configured as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It successfully booted into OSX (from the iBoot DVD) and I got through the setup questions. I then installed the 10.6.6 update from .dmg, and before rebooting, ran Multibeast with the following options:

UserDSDS Install (with .aml script for P7P55D from the database on my desktop)
Drivers>Kexts>Audio>Universal>VoodooHDA 0.2.56
OSx86 Software>All

After that, I tried rebooting straight from the hard drive, but it powered itself off everytime I tried, even trying to do safe mode. I was still able to insert my iBoot DVD and boot from that into my Snow partition, so I did that, and ran Multibeast again, this time adding:

Drivers>Bootloaders>Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
Customization>Boot Options>64-bit Apple Boot Screen
Customization>Boot Options>PCI Root ID Fix for Chameleon

Now, it doesn't power itself off when I try to boot without the DVD, but if I boot in verbose mode, it hangs on the line I mentioned above.

You asked if I had run the Kext Utility, does that do the same thing as rebuilding caches and repairing permissions in Multibeast? In case it doesn't, I ran the Kext Utility and am about to test it out.

I'm kinda new at this, so at this point my next course of action is trying Multibeast settings randomly :p Any insights?

You should try a newer version of VoodooHDA. I found some audio output issues with 0.2.56.

Did you install Fakesmc? It is a necessary file for booting without iBoot.

You may not need the PCI Root ID fix, so try to load OS X without it installed.

I have several edited DSDT files in this thread. Use one of these instead of the ones in the database for ASUS P55 motherboards.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6746

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back