Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
it took all of 2 seconds to see that the "P5B Deluxe Wifi" is listed....

the wifi add on card is the only difference, so it wont make a difference to the dsdt

I already saw that there is listed a ...Deluxe WiFi samisnake. But I want to make sure that I can take this one also for my Deluxe ONLY board ;)

Hi basi,

I recently installed successfully Lion 10.7.3 on my hackintosh composed of
-MB: Asus P5B Deluxe (latest bios version: v1238)
-CPU: Core2 Duo E6600
-RAM: 4GB DDR2-800
-GPU: ATI X1950XTX

I used the easybeast method from multibeast to achieve my goal, but now I would like to use my own dsdt.aml file according to my MB;

I've seen that you're using the same MB. Did you create your dsdt.aml for the P5B Deluxe ?

Is everything working properly for your hakintosh ? I mean, sleep/wake, integrated sound, firewire, USB, Ethernet card and important for me => Wake On Lan when the PC is completely shutdowned ??

Another question for all who knows.
Can I re-run Multibeast and choose "UserDSDT" option whereas I used "easybeast" option before to make my Hack boot properly ?
or
Should I delete all kexts added by the "easybeast" install before apply "userdsdt" install ?
What about the kexts that are just "patched" by Multibeast ?
Will they be problematic if I decide to run "userdsdt" installation

Should I plan to make a new clean install ?

Thanks
Dwarf

Hi Dwarf2k,

I did it in the same way as you did with the same hardware except the GPU. But in general my P5B is working with the Easybeast method as yours. Sound is only working with the VodooHDA kext and ethernet also works only when I apply a special kext for it. But no problem at all - all is working fine with 10.7.3. USB does work out of the box.

What does not work is sleep/wake - but the reason for that why it does not work is that I have it not get managed to apply special patches to my generated DSDT file. To be honest I do not know which patches to apply here. Maybe somebody can give some hints.

Even the update from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 does not work for me. I installed the combo update but after that no more sound. I tried serveral times to delete the AppleHDA stuff and reinstalled the VodooHDA - but I had no success. So, in general the update works but without sound. Did you get it managed to install the update on your system?

Ciao,
basi

Finally successful! The most important reason why I wanted to have a DSDT was, that I was not able to upgrade to 10.7.4 (from 10.7.3) with working sound. But now I found the solution without generating a DSDT for my P5B Deluxe board.

What I did:

step 1) backup of VoodooHDA and AppleHDA in /S/L/E
step 2) installed the combo update 10.7.4
step 3) put a patched VoodooHDA into /S/L/E (http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?...k and everything is running fine. Ciao, basi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back