Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
When I use iBoot CD to boot up, it shows about 8G of my PC.
After I go into OSX, the status monitor shows that there's 4GB for whole set to use. I check the hardware status and OSX did see the all four DIMM there.

How should I do to teach OSX to use 8GB RAM?
Thanks!
(Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, i5 655k, 8G 1600, ATI 5770)

elitekuo said:
Hi all,
When I use iBoot CD to boot up, it shows about 8G of my PC.
After I go into OSX, the status monitor shows that there's 4GB for whole set to use. I check the hardware status and OSX did see the all four DIMM there.

How should I do to teach OSX to use 8GB RAM?
Thanks!
(Gigabyte P55A-UD4P, i5 655k, 8G 1600, ATI 5770)
Don't use iBoot as it limits OS X to 4 GB of RAM. Install Chameleon to your hard drive using MultiBeast and it will use all of the installed RAM.

Thanks MacMan!!
The only problem is I failed to install Chameleon from Multibeast or Win XP. Hang up at booting with 5 languages screen all the way.

Anyway, now I know why my OSX didn't see 8 GB.
Thank you and your effort for us again!

elitekuo said:
Thanks MacMan!!
The only problem is I failed to install Chameleon from Multibeast or Win XP. Hang up at booting with 5 languages screen all the way.

Anyway, now I know why my OSX didn't see 8 GB.
Thank you and your effort for us again!

I am thinking that with XP installed on that machine you do not have the drive controllers in it set to AHCI mode. Now if these OSs are on separate hard drives you can still keep the XP drive set to the emulation on the blue ports and put the OS X drive on one of the white connectors then in the BIOS set the Gigabyte controller one to the AHCI mode to boot OS X from. You may also want to do a text boot (hit F8 during OS X/Chameleon GUI loading to get to it I believe) then at the boot prompt use the -v typed in then hitting enter key to see where it fails.

Thanks MacUser2525,
My XP is installed AHCI driver and Chameleon worked fine before (@10.6.4).
I will try -v as you said to see what happen.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back