Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my PC with the following specs:
Gigabyte P55-UD3L rev 2.3
Intel Core i5 650
Kingston ddr3 2GB
Palit Geforce 9800 GT 1GB.

I then installed the multibeast with easybeast. But when I try to boot, on the harddisk, it abruptly restarts once the white screen appears. booting on verbose doesn't help either because it also abruptly restart too.

But I could still boot using iBoot-supported CD. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

reizencroft said:
Hi,

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on my PC with the following specs:
Gigabyte P55-UD3L rev 2.3
Intel Core i5 650
Kingston ddr3 2GB
Palit Geforce 9800 GT 1GB.

I then installed the multibeast with easybeast. But when I try to boot, on the harddisk, it abruptly restarts once the white screen appears. booting on verbose doesn't help either because it also abruptly restart too.

But I could still boot using iBoot-supported CD. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
You are trying to boot an unsupported CPU under 10.6.2, so that it why you are getting kernel panics.

You need to either upgrade to 10.6.4 or install a 10.2 patched kernel.

I updated to 10.6.4, and selected EasyBeast Unsupported CPU, I was able to see the Apple Logo now, still kernel panic.

Any clues, sir?

reizencroft said:
I updated to 10.6.4, and selected EasyBeast Unsupported CPU, I was able to see the Apple Logo now, still kernel panic.

Any clues, sir?
With 10.6.4 you don't need Unsupported, just EasyBeast or UserDSDT

Thanks sir, worked like a charm.

Now time to get the graphics and sound ok.

I have the same problem I did everything that was said in the past couple postes. My computer keeps on restarting. I am upgraded to 10.6.4.

any help?

correct me if i am wrong but I only need to us UserDSDT or EasyBeast not the both of them right?

because when I try to install UserDSDT the installation fails, and says contact manufacture for help.

is their a download DSDT for the Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 motherboard?

my specs:
i3 core processor
Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 motherboard
500 gb hard drive
4 gb ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back