Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone managed to get Audio working correctly with this Board and with the newest SL Updates? I had it working when I used the VoodooHDA however once I uninstalled that and tried the new Realtek ALC8xx and that did not work after countless hours of trying it. Now when I go to install any of the VoodhooHDA's none of them work. If I go past the last three I get a KP at start up every time. I have to then boot into SafeMode and delete it and restart. My main issues right now are the AUDIO and USB Kp's If I plug something such as a external Hard Drive or Flash drive or just anything into my USB I get a KP for some unknown reason. None of this stuff ever happened when I first built this thing. But I was also using 10.6.4 the one and only OS that everything worked correctly on. I'm just thinking of starting fresh again and seeing if that works at all : /

Things I have installed through MultiBeast:

In EXTRA folder -
com.apple.Boot.plist
DSDT.aml
Extensions.mkext
Extensions.bak.mkext
smbios.plist
Themes

EXTENTIONS -
FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorateInjector.kext
NVEnabler

Hey mate, I know someone who can help you. Give me your contact number and email. :headbang:

It would be great if you can post any information here. There are many of us having the same problem. I have Rv 2.0 and Bios F11 (ALS892 sound)

In my case, I can see 4 digital options under Sound settings/output using VoodooHDA, but sound doesn't work.

I think this may be related to HDMI Video Cards. Maybe the sound is setup to work with the HDMI output only. I want to try to disable HDMI output, but I don't know how.

Thanks,

I was finally able to get audio to work on GA-P55A-UD3 Rev 2.0 - Bios F11.

1- I changed to 32bit boot
2- Deleted all audio kexts.
3- Ran MultiBeast.
4- Selected System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA.kext, APPLEHDA.kext and ALC892 Non-DSDT HDAEnabler.

Sounds Great! Will try 64bit again tomorrow.

wastelander said:
I was finally able to get audio to work on GA-P55A-UD3 Rev 2.0 - Bios F11.

1- I changed to 32bit boot
2- Deleted all audio kexts.
3- Ran MultiBeast.
4- Selected System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA.kext, APPLEHDA.kext and ALC892 Non-DSDT HDAEnabler.

Sounds Great! Will try 64bit again tomorrow.

Let me know if it works with the 64. Because I have mine in 64 right now. My sound worked before when I had it in 64 but when it stopped working was after I used that new ALC8xx in Multibeast. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back