Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.
I want to buy a mac but I can't afford to pay 800 for a new or used one. So I want to build one that can be used for programming for as cheap as possible. Suggestions?
After reviewing a little bit of the site, it seems to me that as long as I get the correct parts all I have to do is follow the steps listed in Unibeast. However, that seems to easy to me. Is there anything I am over looking? Also, here is a list of parts I came up with.
secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=26670548

Parts are looking good but you will need a mac/hack to create Unibeast.

If you live or know someone close to a MicroCenter you can get the CPU and mobo way cheaper than NewEgg.

So as far as I am understanding, I can use a friend's mac to make the Unibeast and then boot that onto my machine? Also, does the hard drive and dvd reader that I use have to be compatible? Or can I use any?

mobo stands for motherboard. The HDD can basically be any brand you want, but you should avoid getting one over a terabyte as your boot disk. You can indeed use his mac to create the unibeast drive and then install. Just make sure you can download the Mac OSX lion installer or buy a lion usb stick. For full compatibility/sleep support, get a Sony Optiarc DVD drive.

So the main things that impact getting this to work is the Motherboard and processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back