Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am having trouble installing Lion on my system and i cant figure out why. If i could get someones help that would be great.

Here are my specs:
CPU: Core i7-2600
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
RAM: 2X 8gb DDR3 G Skill 1600 MHz
GPU: 2gb DDR5 ATI Radeon 6870
Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200rpm
750W Power Supply

PS: I am installing Lion with the chimera boot loader with a USB
Thanks

What guide are you following? What steps have you completed? What error (or errors) are you getting? Post as much information as you can.

Well its giving me erors (specific for the graphics cards) when i boot into single user mode. but i have a feeling that it could be because i have 8gb of ram in there right now and im also not sure if the 2gb model of the 6870 is supported. i know that the 1gb model is supported. I will try to find the exact error though

Install finally completed successfully. It appears that the real issue was a bad load onto a bootable USB drive. I purchased a 16GB and started over and was able to complete the install. Used MultiBeast to configure sound and network but still having issue with getting it to boot from the hard drive. I have downloaded the DSDT for the motherboard that I have and placed it on the desktop and selected User DSDT in MultiBeast.
It is my understanding that by selecting User DSDT in MultiBeast it should use the DSDT that I placed on the desktop and add Chimera so that the system will boot form the hard drive directly but this is not how it is behaving.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back