Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
i am looking to build an i5 2500k or i5-2400 system and am looking for a mobo that will just work with the least problems (as far as this is possible for a hackintosh) and come as close as possible to having it be just like a real mac i.e. sleeps, power button wake from sleep, deep sleep, broad compatibility with usb devices etc. not really keen on excessive features, just something with easy overclocking (if i decide to got with the k). which mobo should i use? please list one p67 and one x68 mobo. my budget is about $150 on the mobo, although less would be nice. kinda like the ssd caching and dynamic switching between discrete and on-board graphics of the z68, although i can live without them.

i have actually already built an i3 hackintosh with the asus p8h67-m, but run in to kp's every 5th or 6th startup, and it doesn't support sleep (sleep is a BIG thing that i really need) so I'm thinking of steering clear of asus boards, which is a shame because the asrock has really easy overclocking features.

titatom said:
Well, it seems that the consensus around here is that Gigabyte boards are pretty solid. Z68 being the right choice right now.
At least, that's what I'm shopping for... :p

edit : to be more specific, this one seems nice http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6813128502

If you look at the forums, you'll see that not all ga-z68 boards are working for everyone. In fact I've yet to find a single report of complete success on the cheaper z68. I'm not ready to drop 300 bucks on a high end z68x yet:)

titatom said:
Well, it seems that the consensus around here is that Gigabyte boards are pretty solid. Z68 being the right choice right now.
At least, that's what I'm shopping for... :p

edit : to be more specific, this one seems nice http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6813128502

Btw the A board you're looking at doesn't provide simultaneous support for on board graphics which kinda defeats the purpose of getting a Z. I would add a few more bucks to get the AP, if only I knew for certain that that would result in complete success!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back