Contribute
Register

10.7.1 Update hang on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
System make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-12700H
Graphics
RTX 3070 Ti
Hi people :) would really appreciate any help if ya can spare a min :)

basically i had a10.7 Lion hackintosh with everything working audio, ethernet and that was all good.....then i updated to 10.7.1 and now it hangs on the apple logo rotating screen and refuses to boot at all even in verbose mode and that :/

again would really appreciate any help,
Thanks in advance,
Andrew :)

Attachments

• 2011-10-06 19.19.10.jpg
    2011-10-06 19.19.10.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 174
randomguy17 said:
Hi people :) would really appreciate any help if ya can spare a min :)

basically i had a10.7 Lion hackintosh with everything working audio, ethernet and that was all good.....then i updated to 10.7.1 and now it hangs on the apple logo rotating screen and refuses to boot at all even in verbose mode and that :/

again would really appreciate any help,
Thanks in advance,
Andrew :)

Try using rBoot to get back to desktop? Maybe you need to reinstall the AppleINTELCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Thanks for the advice i tried booting using both iboot and andy's boot cd (as im on a p67 mobo) but no luck :( it just appears with the same apple logo screen but instead no spinning wheel :/

thanks anyways though :) i really do appreciate it

randomguy17 said:
Thanks for the advice i tried booting using both iboot and andy's boot cd (as im on a p67 mobo) but no luck :( it just appears with the same apple logo screen but instead no spinning wheel :/

thanks anyways though :) i really do appreciate it

Boot with the -v flag and see where it stops.

Here's what came up booting using -v flag :)

Attachments

• 2011-10-07 23.50.34.jpg
    2011-10-07 23.50.34.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 159
randomguy17 said:
Here's what came up booting using -v flag :)

Seems you might need a fresh install because of some corrupt system files.

If you want to recover files from that install, you might want to install to another partition and then recover those files from the Lion partition.

The can't load kext errors were similar to what I saw when I upgraded Chimera to 1.54 to fix FaceTime. I have seen a few threads with similar errors.

I had a good system (10.7.1) running until I upgraded as I wanted to fix FaceTime. It would show a bunch of the load next errors and then bomb out at different points. When I would back out to Chimera 1.41, the boot would work again. I never could figure out why Chimera would fail on my install. My Lion install partition created from Xmove also failed to boot with 1.54 in the same way. It's almost like the boot process is looking to the wrong drive and can't find the kext. I have multiple drives since I also boot windows too from another drive. I experimented with removing drives, switching SATA ports, nothing fixed it. Drive always checked out with different utilities.

Ultimately, I used a usb stick with Chameleon 2.1 r1493 that fixes FaceTime to boot. It never had problems and is newer code than what is in Chimera 1.54 (I think). Since FaceTime will continue to work as long as it is logged in, I stayed on Chimera 1.41 if needed to fix FaceTime, reboot with the usb stick. I'll try Chimera again when a new version is release.

If you do change around boot loaders, remember the boot.plist files are different when moving to Chimera 1.54/Chameleon 2.1 releases. Older versions need com.apple.Boot.plist around. I just kept both in the extras folder and make sure any edits I make to one file are repeated in the other so I can use older or newer versions of the boot loaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back