Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,
I have apparently stumbled across a serious conundrum. After Hours of trying to figure this out with a mediocre understanding of iBoot, i have come to a stopping point where there is a simple message on the screen. This is after iBoot disk is removed, inserted Retail disk of OS X Leopard 10.6.3, typed cpus=1 and other various combinations i.e. (busratio="x" -v) ect..., I finally get some scrolling letters down the screen. But the message "ACPI table not found:DSDT.aml" is on the screen tormenting me. I dont know what exactly it is that i am doing wrong, when i applied this process to my older laptop it worked well, but this newer laptop is giving me a hard time.

Objective; Dual boot Windows 7 (home premium) and Mac OS X Leopard (10.6.3), and then dual boot using Chameleon interface at startup
Hardware;
Hp Envy 17
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
1TB Hard Drive (not yet partioned for the mac os)
4GB RAM (although i have 2x4GB sticks and 8GB of virtual dedicated memory, but it is suggested to use 4GB so i am doing so)
AMD Radeon HD 6850M Chipset 1024 MB of Ded. Mem. GDDR5.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE: BIOS Version;
HP F.15, 5/20/2010
SMBIOS Version; 2.7 (this keeps me from being able to set my 'BIOS to ACHI' as the suggested step requires here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html)

Any help at all would be great! Thank you

jhernandez4217,

Try using iboot legacy instead of iboot. That seemed to work for me and that too without using any additional flags. If you still want to use iboot i suggest using cpus=1 busratio=(based on your processor-you can get this info from intel site, usually its a number in the 10s and 20s) GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=1... This should take you to the installation screen.

wowowow it seems to be working im in the install screen i will keep you updated

Dear nagoorgani,
Now that i am at the loading apple logo it has a small box with a slash going through it, it seems to be at a standstill any thoughts?

jhernandez4217,

I haven't encountered such a screen but then I am a novice who is still struggling with installing SL on an envy. I am pretty sure there are quite some experts in this forum who would be able to help you.

Sorry that I am unable to help you in this matter. Keep posting your experiences and I'll post mine as well here...

jhernandez4217, Have you successfully install Mac OS on your laptop ?

Sadly, I have yet to achieve that goal. Right now i have made it all the way to the apple logo loading screen but after a minute or two it shows a small circle with a line through it, and freezes. My goal is to eventually be able to dual boot on this laptop. Any help is welcome! : )

The parameter i am typing in is
' cpus=1 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 '
Result- apple loading screen with circle and line through it

I also tried
' -v cpus=1 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 '
Result - 'Still Waiting for root device' message

You're not the only one not to do it.
I just managed to start the USB installation Lion and gives me an kernel panic.

Hello guys...

Any luck yet on installing the Mac OSX onto your Envy 17? I've seen that you guys have stopped posting since August... Any news? :headbang:

not sure if anyone cares anymore, but I am now installing SL onto my Envy 17. This Envy 17 has an i5 w/ 2 disk drives and 6GB of RAM. I have removed one of the 2GB sticks bringing the total to 4GB of RAM as well as physically removed the primary HD which has Windows 7 installed onto it and moved the secondary drive to the primary SATA port.

I used the cpus=1 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 parameters when booting the SL installation DVD.

Not sure what to expect once I get through installation, but I wanted to let everyone know how I was able to reach this point.

Attachments

• WP_000466.jpg
    WP_000466.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 657
As a follow up to my previous post...I made it through installation and was able to use Mac OS X SL on the Envy 17, although WLAN was not working. I had downloaded MultiBeast and the Combo Update for OSX 10.6.8. I had MultiBeast open while installing the combo update, and then OSX crashed. I was unable to boot up OSX again after this crash.

When OSX was operating, I was really surprised that the keyboard hotkeys worked for volume, brightness, etc. Graphics was limited to 1024 x 768 and there was no WLAN. I researched the Broadcom 943224HMS chip and it seems as if this chip will not work in OSX. So, given my experiences I am going to table this exercise for now.

If I could switch out this WLAN chip, I would reconsider, although I still don't know how to avoid the crash that occured during the combo update process. Does anyone know of an alternate chip that works well in OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back