Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P7P55D
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
GTS 450
hey guys, i'm new to the hackintosh scene and i've run into some problems installing SL on my machine. maybe you guys can shed some light onto this.

so like the thread title says, i've got an asus p7p55d (2003 BIOS) with a core i5 750 and a powercolor ati 5850.

i ripped everything else out. this includes soundcard and all usb devices except my apple keyboard and a logitech mx500 mouse.
AHCI and S3 are activated in BIOS.

i followed the iBoot + multibeast guide and tried every possible combination of PCIRootUID=1 -x -v. but after selecting the language in the installer it keeps saying "mac os cant be installed on this computer".

i googled a bit and searched the forum here and one thing i was asking myself was, could my IDE DVD drive be the problem?

i do own a SL retail dvd (and lion aswell).

i would try to install lion directly, but in the guide it says, boot to Chimera, which ofcourse i dont have on my machine yet. so are there any guides for a fresh lion installation? or how do i get chimera onto my machine?

thanks a lot

phoboss

phoboss said:
hey guys, i'm new to the hackintosh scene and i've run into some problems installing SL on my machine. maybe you guys can shed some light onto this.

so like the thread title says, i've got an asus p7p55d (2003 BIOS) with a core i5 750 and a powercolor ati 5850.

i ripped everything else out. this includes soundcard and all usb devices except my apple keyboard and a logitech mx500 mouse.
AHCI and S3 are activated in BIOS.

i followed the iBoot + multibeast guide and tried every possible combination of PCIRootUID=1 -x -v. but after selecting the language in the installer it keeps saying "mac os cant be installed on this computer".

i googled a bit and searched the forum here and one thing i was asking myself was, could my IDE DVD drive be the problem?

i do own a SL retail dvd (and lion aswell).

i would try to install lion directly, but in the guide it says, boot to Chimera, which ofcourse i dont have on my machine yet. so are there any guides for a fresh lion installation? or how do i get chimera onto my machine?

thanks a lot

phoboss

You need a SATA DVD drive for installation.

I have a video guide linked in my signature for installing OS X on that motherboard.

yeah i watched that one too.
ok just ordered the sony drive from amazon. should be here tomorrow, then i'll try again.

any tips on how to do a fresh lion installation without previously installing SL?

i hooked my designated HDD up to my macbook via sata dockingstation and partitioned it accordingly. used xmove to get the lion files onto the drive, and installed chameleon onto a usb thumbdrive. i can boot, i see the apple logo, i get a white screen with the :beachball: , but then nothing else happens.

edit: ok after putting the correct aml file onto the lion partition and adding some kext files i'm now installing.

edit2: hm installed fine, created user and did first setup, but now i'm hanging in the "cotton" grey background window right after the timezone selection. i can move the mouse around, but nothing is happening. any ideas?

edit3: ok -x worked, trying to follow your guide again. :)

beelzebozo could you maybe upload your extras folder with all the kexts your using? or could point me in the right direction to find them?

phoboss said:
yeah i watched that one too.
ok just ordered the sony drive from amazon. should be here tomorrow, then i'll try again.

any tips on how to do a fresh lion installation without previously installing SL?

i hooked my designated HDD up to my macbook via sata dockingstation and partitioned it accordingly. used xmove to get the lion files onto the drive, and installed chameleon onto a usb thumbdrive. i can boot, i see the apple logo, i get a white screen with the :beachball: , but then nothing else happens.

edit: ok after putting the correct aml file onto the lion partition and adding some kext files i'm now installing.

edit2: hm installed fine, created user and did first setup, but now i'm hanging in the "cotton" grey background window right after the timezone selection. i can move the mouse around, but nothing is happening. any ideas?

edit3: ok -x worked, trying to follow your guide again. :)

beelzebozo could you maybe upload your extras folder with all the kexts your using? or could point me in the right direction to find them?

It's detailed in the video. If you want to boot without iBoot, you'll need to at least install FakeSMC and run System Utilities before restarting.

ok got lion up and running. migration assistant is doing its voodoo atm.

i used your dsdt from the database, but speedstep and sleep dont seem to work. my cpu fan is running really loud and when i try sleep my display goes blank but fans and hdd keep running. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back