Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just installed A Rocketfish Bluetooth micro-adapter from eBay for 5 dlls. model RF-MRBTAD and it all works and syncs from cold boot.

It works OOB, syncs on power on, reboot, and sleep.

It works to go into Bios, or multiboot.

It is great....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKETFISH-USB-MICR ... 2eb6d78626

What version of OS X are you running? I have the same adapter arriving today to replace the Azio adapter I purchased. The Azio isn't playing friendly with my Apple Wireless keyboard and I have to re-pair the keyboard after reboot/wake-from-sleep. OS X Lion 10.7.1

@sfrb

Everything works???? Are you able to wake up from sleep with that adapter? I have the same adapter and under bluetooth preferences, my "allow to wake devices" is greyed out, is yours?

Also can you please go into "about this mac" and see what your vendor and product id is for your adapter?

My vendor id is 0x7fff
My product id is 0

Does anyone know why in the world my product id would be zero? I tried no-shy's guide to enable sleep but had no success. I would love to be able to put my system to sleep...I hate leaving it on all night.

Any help is much appreciated!

I can verify that everything but "Allow to wake" now works with the Rocketfish adapter on my system. I use a Logitech USB trackball as well so being able to wake via BT isn't a huge requirement on my part.

@fastfox1306: can you not wake the system up via the power button?

BTW:
Vendor: 0
Product ID: 0x7ff

Thanks for the reply! I'm happy to see that you have a "zero" too for your ID, I was a bit worried about mine, but I guess that is the case with the rocket fish adapter.

Since IMHO, sleep is a headache and waste of time, will this adapter "wake" up the hack after screensaver turns off the monitor?

Cliffom, did you tried waking up the hack using a device paired to the BT adapter?

Did it work?

Thanks.

grtitan said:
Since IMHO, sleep is a headache and waste of time, will this adapter "wake" up the hack after screensaver turns off the monitor?

Cliffom, did you tried waking up the hack using a device paired to the BT adapter?

Did it work?

Thanks.

When I know I won't be at my machine for the next hour or so I will generally put it to sleep. I haven't found sleep to be any bit of a headache on this Hackintosh and it is behaving quite nicely.

With that being said, I cannot wake up my machine with a device paired with the adapter. I'm using an Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad and neither device will wake the machine from sleep. I also use a Logitech Trackman that wakes the machine just fine. After coming out of sleep the keyboard and trackpad also "wake up" and become responsive again.

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Vendor: 0
Product ID: 0x1

Ok, I figured out where the product_id and vendor_id are found. They aren't listed under Bluetooth but are instead listed under the USB device tree:

D5aOP.png

After getting the correct id's from there and using NotShy's guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7940&p=52201, I was able to allow my Trackpad and Keyboard to wake my machine from sleep.

sSIAV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back