Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I use an ordianry bluetooth dongle it detects a magic mouse after some effort but its lagging and some time mouse just hangs for few seceonds, any idea what should I do...
Is it the kext that needs to be edited (which i dont know how) or is it the dongle itself.

Thanks

What dongle are you using. Some bluetooth dongles work just fine and under some certain instances and then crap out when you magic it up.

its a cheap one, but in system profile it says "Cambridge Silicon Radio", some people suggest that this can be fixed by editing the kext but I dont know how to do it :(

A cheap one isn't necessarily bad.. But where did you get it from? Do you know the brand?

I am in uae, and i bought it from an ordinary store, it only says made in china with some weird name (Tech something) on it, with v2.0 +EDR Adapter... it cost me 10 dirham. The same quality in Carrefour (Super Store) cost 30 dirham.

alpatgeen said:
I use an ordianry bluetooth dongle it detects a magic mouse after some effort but its lagging and some time mouse just hangs for few seceonds, any idea what should I do...
Is it the kext that needs to be edited (which i dont know how) or is it the dongle itself.

Thanks
Check the USB bluetooth adapter database. :thumbup:
wiki/index.php/Bluetooth_Adapter_Database

Hi,

Im using D-Link DBT-120 ver B4, wiki said it can support Bios/Chameleon, wake from sleep. Just upgrade Bluetooth Firmware to 1.2.
But its not working in my 10.7.4. Magic Mouse also lagging, any idea?

This might not work for all of you but it's worth checking anyway...
I thought I had the same magic mouse lag problems with my IOGEAR GBU521 dongle, until I figured out that bluetooth signals don't work so well over ~1.5m through a solid wooden desk! So by using a USB extension cable or (in my case) plugging the dongle into the USB port in my apple wired keyboard fixed all mouse lag problems! That's also I gather why my dongle was flashing sometimes.
Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back