Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Before I attempt dual booting both Lion and Windows 7 I have a few questions :oops:

1) As far as I'm aware, Windows will only install with RAID enabled and Lion will only install with AHCI enabled in the BIOS. How do I get past this? Will Windows work with AHCI once the installation is finished?

2) I have tried briefly before with two separate HDDs - when booting with Chimera it will not detect my Windows partition and will boot straight into Lion. Where have I gone wrong? I have since tried on the same hard drive but with the same outcome.

Rekawnz said:
Before I attempt dual booting both Lion and Windows 7 I have a few questions :oops:

1) As far as I'm aware, Windows will only install with RAID enabled and Lion will only install with AHCI enabled in the BIOS. How do I get past this? Will Windows work with AHCI once the installation is finished?
Windows 7 will install with all of the settings required for OS X installation. Set the BIOS once for OS X, save and exit.

Rekawnz said:
2) I have tried briefly before with two separate HDDs - when booting with Chimera it will not detect my Windows partition and will boot straight into Lion. Where have I gone wrong? I have since tried on the same hard drive but with the same outcome.
Did you hit a key at the Chimera screen or install instant menus with MultiBeast? OS X is default OS X and you have 2 seconds at the Chimera timeout screen to hit a key to stop the timer and prevent boot to default OS unless you edit the org.chameleon.boot.plist to set the timer to 0 (zero) or install instant menu. If you installed Win7 with default settings of the install DVD, the icon that will boot Win7 is the System Reserved icon. Selecting the Windows NTFS icon will result in a boot manager missing error.

1) Windows will work on ACHI because I pulled my Windows 7 HDD out from a AMD desktop, plugged it in, Chimera recognized it, booted in, Windows recognized the system, asked for a reboot and everything worked OOB like nothing.

2) You either have to hit the space bar @ Chimera to stop it from booting into Lion/SL.

OR

You can install Instant Menu option in MultiBeast that allows you to choose which OS once @ the Chimera screen.

Thankyou both, will try out your suggestions when I get the chance. Lifesaver again Jester :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back