Contribute
Register

New MacBook Pro 13 comes only with Intel HD Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this mean that 10.6.7 update will be out soon to include support for new Intel HD graphic. Given that 10.6.7 has been seeded to developer and new macbook pro is due to release, is there any hint on the 10.6.7 which was seeded that can speak of the Intel HD graphic?

My prediction of 10.6.7 is to be released real soon and Intel HD graphic on the new Macbook will be incorporated into this 10.6.7 release :D "The crystal ball"

"Just five days after the previous seed, MacRumors has received word that Apple has seeded a new version of Mac OS X 10.6.7, termed Build 10J860, to a select set of developers.

As with the previous build, Apple lists no known issues and asks developers to focus their testing on Safari, Mac App Store, AirPort, Bonjour, SMB, and Graphics Drivers."

zurih said:
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-13inch.html

Does this mean that laptops only with Intel HD graphics will now be supported?

It comes with HD3000 graphics, which are on the new sandybridge i5 and i7 chips.

Whether it could provide support for older versions of Intel HD graphics is unknown.

macbookpro32 said:
Is Intel HD graphics better than Nvidia?

Many H67 chipset comes with built-in Intel HD graphics. If we get this to work, then OS X build would be more affordable as you will not need separate VGA card anymore. This obviously is for audience who just want a basic HACKINTOSH without the need of forking out the extra $ for video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back