1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Processor: Core i5 2500 3.3 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H67MA-USB3-B3
Graphics: MSI Radeon R5770 1GB DDR5

Method:
---------

1. Used tonymacx86's guide to fit my retail 10.6.3 Snow Leopard DVD to a single layer DVD.

2. iBoot + above single layer 10.6.3 DVD (no flags nothing, just hit enter after iBoot + 10.6.3 + F5). 10.6.3 is installed successfully.

3. Just ran Multibeast with EasyDSDT alone checked, just in case.

4. Ran UpdateHelper.

5. Reboot.

6. Ran 10.6.8 update combo.

7. Before restarting, again ran Multibeast with EasyDSDT, Chimera bootloader, Realtek ALC8xx checked for audio with ALC8xxHDA,AppleHDA Rollback checked and ALC889 checked under Non-DSDT HDA Enabler. For Network, I checked Lnx2Mac's Realtek 81xx option.

8. Reboot.

9. 10.6.8 booted with audio, network and the ATI 5770 setup by default (I did not do anything related to the card since I had read that ATI 5xxx is natively supported by 10.6.8)

10. Followed the xMove method as such to install Lion over the current Snow Leopard drive.

11. Booted into Lion successfully. Graphics working. But Audio and network were not working. I had to repeat the audio/network related things in step 7 once again.

12. Reboot.

Bingo! Every damn thing works. Lion installed!

To fix the Mac App Store not signing in issue:
---------------------------------------------------

1. Forget the gfxutil mumbo jumbo.

2. Go ahead and download EFIStudio.

3. Select Ethernet and then add device.

4. Make note of the loooooong Hex value in the bottom pane on clipboard/textedit.

5. Copy com.apple.boot.plist to Desktop and open it.

6. Before <\dict>, I added the following lines:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>"Paste that long hex value copied in clipboard/textedit here"</string>

Note: My motherboard is Gigabyte. PCIRootUID 0 works for it. 1 does not boot.

7. Save the file. And copy this new plist file to /Extra. Replace that older com.apple.boot.plist. My plist also had <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string> in it.

8. Now run multibeast with repair permissions alone selected to repair permissions on boot volume.

9. Before/After the above steps (doesn't really matter), delete NetworkInterfaces.plist from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

10. Reboot now.

11. Go to the directory in step 9 and open the newly generated NetworkInterfaces.plist file. It must have "<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>" in it.

The whole problem was that its value was False before I performed steps 1-10.

12. Bingo! You can now sign in without any issues into the Mac App Store as well.

OS X Lion fully running with Mac App store access.

Thanks a ton to everyone on this forum and especially to the guys behind tonymacx86 website!

Thanks for throwing this guide up. Have the same mobo and proc but was having a lot of instability with the lion install. With Lion installed every time i tried to launch an app from the dock, finder would restart and I am still unsure as to why. Also safari would continually lock up and have to be force quit to unfreeze the computer.
"Webpages are not responding. To visit the selected webpage, all webpages in other tabs and windows must be force reloaded. Do you want to visit this page?"
Do you think this could have anything to do with trying to use the integrated graphics? Ill try this install method and go from there. Also I was using the DSDT provided on the download page but I'll try EasyBeast now. Thanks again!

worked perfectly for me and it wasn't that hard. i wonder if tony can make some kind of script that does this and add it to multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back