Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to the hackintosh scene, but I would like to put mac os x on my HP EliteBook 8530p.

Some further specifications:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz
Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, EM64T, VT-x
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

I have a retail disc of SL, and I managed to boot with iBoot.
Once I insert the Mac Os X dvd and press enter, it takes a while and it seems to load.
However, after a short amount of time it seems the dvd "times out", it no longer responds.
I tried in safe mode using -x, and now I clearly see everything being loaded nicely for a longer time, but it gives same results.

I have no idea what the problem could be. Forgive me for not posting log files as I have no idea where to find them.

Another thing: the bios of HP seems to pretty limited. I could only set SATA to AHCI (which was already enabled) and I cannot find the HPET option. Could this cause the trouble?

Any ideas??? Thank you very much!

Nick

Hi,

i have the exact same laptop! :headbang:
And there are some issues with iBoot for us.. For example I can't even boot the disk :( (there is a topic I started about this)

Don't know if you still have issues?

I have the same laptop. I have read success stories with the 8530w which is the same laptop just different graphics card.

Ive tried the latest iboot and i just get the spinning "thinking" sprite and grey apple screen... I've tried with -x and -vx (verbose)?

I'm trying with the iboot legacy and ill see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back