Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does anyone know what mother board is use in the Dell Inspiron 580 intel i-5 750 1tb western digital hdd 6gb ddr3 ram. I read somewhere in this forum that someone successfully hackintosh their inspiron 580. I'm looking for the pre made dsdt. If anyone have a solution please help me. Btw is it really necessary to have 4gb of ram?

Does anyone know what mother board is use in the Dell Inspiron 580 intel i-5 750 1tb western digital hdd 6gb ddr3 ram. I read somewhere in this forum that someone successfully hackintosh their inspiron 580. I'm looking for the pre made dsdt. If anyone have a solution please help me. Btw is it really necessary to have 4gb of ram?

Silver123

You can get the build order from Dell support if you have your Dell ID which is on the back side of the unit - or the serial number -
As to who makes Dell MB - they are OEM units so they are not cross-referenced to Retail stock. Most likely FOXCOM or ASUS make these - but again the are propriety units.

To install yes 4GB is the max you can have less - this link is the general Dell specs for your hardware ( or what could have come in the unit) http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp580/en/cs/cs_en.pdf

If your system has windows you can download that utility and see what the internal are for your hardware -

If you are wanting to do a dual boot - I strongly suggest you get a 2nd HD - under 1 TB preferred - as long as its sata 2 - any where from 150 to 750 GB will do.

If you have an optional GFX card please list that as well as internal MB drived GFX circuits are not supported to much in OSX10.6

So run that utility and list your hardware config in the Signature block of your id ( like mine) and then post back.

What you will need - a spare sata drive - retail OSX10.6 or OSX10.6.3 - a usb thumb drive - a cd w iBoot burned on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back