Contribute
Register

Zotac GT 430 1gb HDMI Audio not working..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
first off i have always had trouble with my mobo
its a dell optiplex 755
but using unibeast i was able to install lion !
at first i didn't have proper QE/CI
used [NEW]GT430[1GB].by.KemalALKIN (http://www.osx86.net/view/1853-nvidia_geforce_gt_430_fully_working_lion.html)
just skipped step 6 since multi beast worked great.

no now i have full QE/CI on lion!!!
went to audio midi setup to see no digital hdmi audio outputs at all.
so i installed voodooHDA 0.2.7.3 via the newest multi beast
and rebooted to find all 4 digital hdmi outputs available
changed them all to 48,000 and used the second one down.
all this is looking really promising to me but when i go to test audio, only crackling :(

does anyone know what step i might have went wrong with?
i hear the Geforce GT 430 is very usable on lion considering I've updated from Geforce 210 which was impossible to get to work on lion.

also i am not currently using a dsdt

let me know if anyone has any input id appreciate it.
thanks.

gillis902 said:
first off i have always had trouble with my mobo
its a dell optiplex 755
but using unibeast i was able to install lion !

all this is looking really promising to me but when i go to test audio, only crackling :(

also i am not currently using a dsdt

let me know if anyone has any input id appreciate it.
thanks.
The GT 430 is supported natively in Lion with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Unfortunately, I have no experience with Voodoo. Most of the techniques on this forum require a dsdt.

Thanks for the reply.
i have no experience in DSDT but i was able to find one for my motherboard that someone must have compiled
I have tried to follow the thread "Demystifying Mac OS X HDMI Audio"
and i got to Part 2 so i know my graphics card is compatible
but the dsdt that i have found has no entry for my graphics card (obviously) lol
wondering how to add it in for proper hdmi audio
if you have time or anyone else i will link my DSDT

if it has any effect on anyone that has experience in voodoo in the past, all hdmi outputs look like they are muted. i can not change the volume in all of them.
I have had to unmute audio outputs in the past on linux using alsamixer but this does not apply to mac os x, all outputs seem to be configured in audio midi setup
48,000hz 8 channel 24bit second one down.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.4 KB · Views: 189
gillis902 said:
Thanks for the reply.
i have no experience in DSDT but i was able to find one for my motherboard that someone must have compiled
I have tried to follow the thread "Demystifying Mac OS X HDMI Audio"
and i got to Part 2 so i know my graphics card is compatible
but the dsdt that i have found has no entry for my graphics card (obviously) lol
wondering how to add it in for proper hdmi audio
if you have time or anyone else i will link my DSDT
Do you have integrated graphics as well? What audio codec do you have. The four hdmi outputs is typical of a nvidia graphics card. When HDMI is working, only one output is active. I have no experience with Voodoo so I can't help further.

Regarding your dsdt, I need answers to the above questions. Also note, you dsdt does not have HDEF which has to be present before any dsdt editing for HDMI audio starts.

Thanks again toleda but i have managed to get my audio working with a modded voodoohda.kext and voodoohda.prefpane
of anyone that might of had or has this problem i will post everything i have came across

Remove any Audio Kext, previous VoodooHDA or AppleHDA
Via System/Library/Extensions, if voodoo is previously installed remove the .prePane file from
System/Library/PreferancePanes or Library/PreferancePanes or User/(user)/PreferancePanes

Drag VoodooHDA.kext to System/Library/Extensions
then run Kext Utility, then go to Disk Utility and repair all permissions on the Drive.

Reboot

Open Audio MIDI setup and you should have all 4 HDMI Outputs
Change all settings to 48,000Hz - 2Channel - 16bit

the last of the 4 was working last time i tested

Thanks again if anyone has got the ae1000 usb wifi dongle to work on lion please post at
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33050

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.prefPane.zip
    37 KB · Views: 150
  • VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    159.7 KB · Views: 153
gillis902 said:
Thanks again toleda but i have managed to get my audio working with a modded voodoohda.kext and voodoohda.prefpane
of anyone that might of had or has this problem i will post everything i have came across

Remove any Audio Kext, previous VoodooHDA or AppleHDA
Via System/Library/Extensions, if voodoo is previously installed remove the .prePane file from
System/Library/PreferancePanes or Library/PreferancePanes or User/(user)/PreferancePanes

Drag VoodooHDA.kext to System/Library/Extensions
then run Kext Utility, then go to Disk Utility and repair all permissions on the Drive.

Reboot

Open Audio MIDI setup and you should have all 4 HDMI Outputs
Change all settings to 48,000Hz - 2Channel - 16bit

the last of the 4 was working last time i tested

Hi gillis902,

Thanks for all this info, it has been really helpful!

My new hackintosh setup is near identical to yours. I also have an Optiplex 755 (SFF) and a GT 430 (Palit low profile PCIx).

I have followed all your steps and have used the files you have attached. Everything is working (QE/CI on Lion 10.7.3) except for HDMI Audio.

Did you disable your onboard audio? Does this need to be configured first?

My GT 430 is by Palit. Should that make any difference?

Should it matter that I used Lion 10.7.3 for my unibeast installation?

I got it working! :thumbup:

My fault the whole time. For some reason I was looking for the "Audio MIDI Setup" in System Preferences / Sound / Output instead, it's simply Applications / Utilities. DOH!

Anyway, everything is working perfect now... except after reboot I have to go back into Audio MIDI Setup an reset the values every time.

Does anyone have an updated solution for this? The only one I can find involved copying files from Snow Leopard.

I was wondering too wether anyone has a solution to the problem of Audio MIDI Setup not saving your settings across reboots. You have to manually set it back to 48Hz on every startup. I created an Automator script which does it automagically on startup but its not very elegant.

I couldn't find any command line tools which could control or access Audio MIDI Setup. Any one else had any success?

Thanks

tondef

tondef said:
I was wondering too wether anyone has a solution to the problem of Audio MIDI Setup not saving your settings across reboots.
If it happens with AppleHDA.kext, there is a problem with the AppleHDA.kext installed. If it happens with VoodooHDA, that is a consequence of VoodooHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back