Contribute
Register

Zbook hybrid graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have HD4400/HD4600, why do you need to disable the discrete graphics?

I don't need high performance graphics under OS X, I care much more on power efficiency which stands for quiet fan behavior and longer battery life. So I just need HD4600 instead of the NV Quadro

I don't need high performance graphics under OS X, I care much more on power efficiency which stands for quiet fan behavior and longer battery life. So I just need HD4600 instead of the NV Quadro

Just install it then find a solution, rather than guessing without testing.

Thanks, I'll try to extract DSDT in Windows when the discrete graphics is obviously loaded, and see if that will make any difference in DSDT.

DSDT is not adequate. Need all OEM DSDT+SSDTs.

Hi guys, ZBook has not really switchable video cards, by electronic diagrams investigation i found that is only hybrid card can be switched OFF, the discrete card nVidia Quadro still always ON and attached directly to DP(3) DP(1) and (DVI). the LVDS port is shared between intel graphics and envidia discrete card. So there is only one possibility to turn on the DP and DVI, by injecting nvidia kext, like Qaudro K4000, and you can drive internal LVDS using HD4400/4600 configuration or only nvidia card, by setting OFF the hybrid in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back