Contribute
Register

Z97X-UD5H-BK / i7-4790K / Radeon Vega 56 - Sonoma

No, you don't 'need' the SATA kext. It just makes the System Information report, report the correct SATA controller. Physically it changes nothing for how the SATA ports work in macOS.

SSSDT-OSXI.aml - Used for rerouting OSI calls to this SSDT, mainly used for tricking our hardware into thinking its booting Windows, so specific features are available on laptop trackpads and other non-Apple devices. Try using it, or not, see what if any difference it makes with your system.

Slow boot can be caused by a number of things. The most common cause is Trim issues when using a Samsung NVME/SSD drive as the boot drive for macOS. Some Samsung drives require a firmware update, undertaken in Windows using Samsung Magician software to fix this. Others there is no fix.

This Samsung Trim issue would not effect the Windows boot time, solely the macOS boot time.

If you have the IGPU enabled, so you can use it in Windows you may need to use the WhateverGreen.kext boot argument '-wegnoigpu' to disable the IGPU in macOS. As the HD4600 IGPU lost support with the release of macOS Monterey IIRC.

This is why I set the OC EFI to only use the discrete GPU for graphics processing, with no Intel Framebuffer set for the IGPU. I stopped using the HD4600 completely, by disabling it in the Bios.

I installed your EFI on a Z970X-SOC / 4790K/ RX580 with Sonoma 14.4.1 . I got it to work by setting SecureBootModel in Misc -> Security section to DISABLED and using iMacPro1.1 smbios. It works fine. Thanks a lot

my network lan E2201 on the Z970X-SOC is not working with this efi. Any ideas welcome.

Hello,
my network lan E2201 on the Z970X-SOC is not working with this efi. Any ideas welcome.
If your motherboard is :
GA-Z97X-SOC-rev-10#ov

then you may try IntelMausi kext :

=====================
Otherwise, here is a kext that may help :
Cheers :)

The E2201 Ethernet controller requires the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext. Some of my Haswell boards used this controller and kext, usually alongside the Intel ethernet controller and kext linked above by @Cosmix.

I have attached a copy of the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext v2.2.2 for you to try.

The question then we would ask is which board do you have? As the Z97X-SOC board only has the single Intel Ethernet port and controller. Are you using an add-on PCIe card with the Killer E2201 Ethernet port?

Attachments

• AtherosE2200Ethernet-V2.2.2.zip
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you. It seems that I have a z97x soc force . This mb seems to have a e2201 lan. I will try your kext.

Thank you. It seems that I have a z97x soc force . This mb seems to have a e2201 lan. I will try your kext.
The Atheros 2200 worked fine. I was confused between the z97X soc and the z97x soc force which have different network cards. After removing unused usb ports with Hackintool your efi worked brillantly.

Back