Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GB-z97x-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 970
z97x-ud3h GTX970 Yosemite Chameleon HDMI Audio Help (Success)

My system:

GA-z97x-ud3h with i5-4690 (i.e. 9 Series, HD4600)
Zotac GTX 970 HDMI out to A/V Receiver to Samsung HDTV using nVidia Web Drivers (not using onboard graphics though still enabled in BIOS) (so kernel flags kext-dev-mode=1, nvda_drv=1 are in boot.plist)
Running Yosemite 10.1.1 DSDT-free Chameleon installed with UniBeast 5.0 and Multibeast 7.1 to get ALC1150 sound (i.e. using Toleda’s most recent AppleHDA kext)

I’m trying to figure out how to send audio out the HDMI on the GTX970 with the video signal now.

Used Guide to successfully get HDMI working on another system (i5/z87x/gtx660) using SSDT route (I think all I ended up having to do was rename the SSDT, put it in Extras and add the DropSSDT lines to Chameleon boot.plist). Looks like using an SSDT is only for 9 Series running through Clover though (correct?), so more to do this time around?

Looks like I have to:

1. Configure MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/+ with URL: (copy/paste …raw.github.../audio_hdmi_9series/master)

2. Do AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext edits (but my HDMI is attached to the GTX970 – do I just use the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-a-9v_patch.command?)

3. I’m not using a DSDT in the Extra Folder right now so do I have to extract/edit my system DSDT and put it there?

4. Patch the AppleHDA.kext with audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command

5. Do the 9 Series HD4600 MEI Fix (or is that no longer required in 10.10?)

Anyone with a similar setup able to provide some direction? Any help appreciated…

Last edited:
1. Configure MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/+ with URL: (copy/paste …raw.github.../audio_hdmi_9series/master)
2. Do AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext edits (but my HDMI is attached to the GTX970 – do I just use the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-a-9v_patch.command?)
3. I’m not using a DSDT in the Extra Folder right now so do I have to extract/edit my system DSDT and put it there?
4. Patch the AppleHDA.kext with audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command
5. Do the 9 Series HD4600 MEI Fix (or is that no longer required in 10.10?)
Yes: 1 and 3
No: 2, 4 and 5.
9series ssdt, Nvidia HDMI audio only with Chimera/Chameleon

Super, thanks Toleda.

Bit confused though - after doing the MaciASL configure, am I using the 9 series SSDT or editing and using a DSDT?

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but - if I go the SSDT route then, I just have to rename it, put it in the Extra folder and add the DropSSDT lines to the boot.plist? No MaciASL patching at all?

OMG, that was dead simple! (rename SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml, place in Extra folder, reboot, choose Samsung TV now in System Preferences/Sound, done!) Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back