Contribute
Register

Z97 chip set with Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ! How fast do your BigSur rigs boot compared to older macos ?

Here, I have 14 sec for Elcapitan (old enoch chameleon + manual SLE kext patches)
22 sec for Catalina and about 40 for BigSur... (same disk, same Opencore Config, latest releases)

Suspecting troubles with appleALC searching and not finding hdmi audio output in BigSurr : I tried to patch HDAcontroller kext thru OC to remove my hardware ID from it, but patch is not done on boot... Using Hex editor I double check patch syntax, it is ok. Another patch I have for AppleAHCI has no problem. Since I'm using Lilu AppleALC & WEG I was wondering whether this kext got patched before, during OC boot process (?)

my first attempts were to change ALC layout it (from 99), but when I get HDMI audio outs properly set, I loose spdif which is my main audio out... so since I don't use HDMI audio, I'd rather remove them... maybe by SSDT ?

Do some of you Z97 fellows share the same observations considering boot slower ?

thanks !!

Hi everyone, i have a fully fonctionnal opencore efi for my z97n chipset. Opencore is set and everything is working fine! if you want to install bigsur you need to set the smbios at least as an iMac mid2015. if you have questions i'll be happy to help!!!

Hi POP3UR,
I can't thank you enough. with just your opencore EFI I installed BigSur in my MSI H97-PC-Mate Motherboard with Intel I5-4440 CPU, and onboard Intel Graphics. Everything including, Graphics, Realtech Audio, Intel HDMI Audio, Realtek Ethernet Worked out of the box.
Now I have managed to have the Big Sur and Windows 10 dual boot system each having 250 GB on a Samsung 860 500 GB SSD.
It took me time to just move my existing Windows 10 Installation at the end of the MAC Partition and get the right settings in EFI for a dual boot.
The only minor issue that I am facing is that on Shutdown from Bigsur, the system restarts. Any ideas for that.
Thanks a lot once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back