Contribute
Register

Z800 Mountain Lion 10.8.5 working smooothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Z800
CPU
Dual X5570 Quad Core 2.93Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia FX1800
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings from Miami.

I have installed my Hp Z800 (2) X5570 Quad Core 2.93Ghz 12GB 500GB FX1800 with 10.8.5 using Unibeast, no flags, everything working fine during the install. Before the reboot, I ran the Terminal and removed the AppleHpet.kext, reported in various forums for problematic with the USBs, reboot. Note: the disk MUST be on the SAS, not the AHCI.

After the reboot, no flags usage and the display was set at 1920*1080 and the NICs working great. Ran Multibeast with Easybeast, the latest Chimera, MacPro 4.1 profile and VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 for audio. Repair permissions and reboot, everything working fine.

The system detects all the 16 cores (HT enabled in Bios), all the RAM and everything looks pretty asome. I will not test the sleep mode, it's a workstation, hence it's for work.

I'll try it with Pro Tools, that's why I bought this beast, used for less than a new Mac Mini.

Cheers

Thank You felipousis,

My Z800 is basically identical other than I have 2xE5540's, I followed your guide to a "T" and all is working fine other than "Sleep". But "it's a workstation, hence it's for work". It was actually the easiest "Hackintosh" installation/setup to date, thanks

Cheers.. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back