Huawei Matebook D
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm looking for advices how to solve an issue I have.
Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX DDR5, CPU Intel 14700KF, GPU Radeon RX 580 8GB.

On Ventura all perfect.

The main issue in Mojave, which I also need as an OS is USB 3.0
I can only get USB 2.0 to show up. I can get all USB 2.0 ports
If I use the SSDT I only see the USB 2.0 portion of it, all the USB 3.0 SSxx ports are missing
USB device is 7A60
If I use USBInjectAll 080 or copy into the USBInjectall 071 the device id definition nothing changes
If I use the USBPort.kext I get the same issue
I tried dropping in a couple of verions of XHCI-Unsupported without success

Can anyone help?
Thanks a lot!

Use a PCIe USB card for USB 3 ports. Preferably one with a FRESCO LOGIC or ASMEDIA chipset that is natively supported in macOS.

You already know that the device ID for the Z790 Intel USB 3 controller isn’t supported in Mojave, so use a card with a chipset that is supported.

Something like this YEELIYA USB card from Amazon would work.

Use a PCIe USB card for USB 3 ports. Preferably one with a FRESCO LOGIC or ASMEDIA chipset that is natively supported in macOS.

You already know that the device ID for the Z790 Intel USB 3 controller isn’t supported in Mojave, so use a card with a chipset that is supported.

Something like this YEELIYA USB card from Amazon would work.

Thanks for your reply.
I didn't know USB 3.0 from a Z790 board weren't supported.
Thanks for your help.
I'll get one of those cards.
But why such card works and the Z790 controller doesn't? Anyways...
L.

Last edited:
The USB adapter cards work in the MacPro (older models and 2019 MP7,1). Apple included the drivers for these Fresco Logic and ASMedia USB chipsets.

Apple have never and will never use the Intel USB3 chipset for the Z790 board. So there is little chance of these USB ports working in an older version of macOS, such as Mojave.

The USB adapter cards work in the MacPro (older models and 2019 MP7,1). Apple included the drivers for these Fresco Logic and ASMedia USB chipsets.

Apple have never and will never use the Intel USB3 chipset for the Z790 board. So there is little chance of these USB ports working in an older version of macOS, such as Mojave.
Since you're here...
I've seen in your signature you have a Ryzen 7 5700G and a Ryzen 5 5600G...
Do those APU work well with the new driver?
Also are the AMD CPUs stable in MacOS?
Thanks for your help!
Luca

Yes, the AMD CPU’s are stable in macOS. Just steer clear of MSI motherboards.

Yes, the APUs work really well with NootedRed.kext. You just need to make sure you allocate enough RAM to the APU in the Bios, 2GB being the minimum I would set. I set 8GB in a system that has 32GB or more available.

Back