Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-4970
Graphics
Nvidia GTX660
Hi.
First sorry for my cruel english.

so....a few days ago i got my new Hardware which i chooses by reading the Build Lists in this forum.
Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Rev 1.1
Intel Core i-7 3770
32GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Samsung Pro 840 SSD
Asus GTX660 (without "ti")

I successfully installed ML from Stick and without the GTX660 in the slot. I updatet to 10.8.4 and installed MB5.3.1.

I inserted the GTX660 an installed Driver and Cuda from nvidia. The system worked fine 2 Days.....but now i can't boot.

If i use -x i can boot and enter ML.

what does the -x do?

How can i find out the Problem ?

The USB-Port in front of my system i used to insert the Stick for the ML install doesn't detect this stick anymore so i cant boot the Stick from there.
in the Setup i choosed "No Fullscreen BIOS" and now i only got the AWARD-Logo in the upper left corner and no other informations about detected Hardware like CPU, Memory, Drives...... is this normal ?

many thanks
pgr69

Hi - I suggest you read the ML-Guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html) especially Step 3 and the following troubleshooting guide, for it's a good starter and describes the options (-x is safe mode)

As for the BIOS use this Quick-Fix: 1. Update it to latest non beta-version (e.g. F14), 2. Enter BIOS with 'Del', 3. Load Opimized defaults and 4. VT-d = disable, HPET = enable, xHCI = Auto, xHCI & EHCI Handoff = Enable, Init Display = PEG

Then Try again with "-v -x" and post the screen dump

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back