Intel i7-2600K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have just upgraded via DSDT/Bios an older Hac to macOS Sierra. It seems workable but I have a number of issues with no sound and a very slow boot. I wondered if, before I go too deep, I should start again with the UEFI update?

I have the F5 version of the bios. What's the benefit of going UEFI?

Thanks
~loothi

I don't recommend it. I tried the UEFI Bios. They were horribly glitchy, so bad that I had to go back to Legacy. It was really difficult to go back and took ages. I too had Sierra running on the same setup as you, but very slow.

I gave up and went back to Yosemite, which works very well. I use it as a TV server. I generally use a USB for audio, it is more reliable.

Hi there,

I have just upgraded via DSDT/Bios an older Hac to macOS Sierra. It seems workable but I have a number of issues with no sound and a very slow boot. I wondered if, before I go too deep, I should start again with the UEFI update?

I have the F5 version of the bios. What's the benefit of going UEFI?

Thanks
~loothi

Better to stay with Legacy BIOS on Series 6 Motherboards. Note if you do update the BIOS the DSDT will need to be re-patched.

I don't recommend it. I tried the UEFI Bios. They were horribly glitchy, so bad that I had to go back to Legacy. It was really difficult to go back and took ages. I too had Sierra running on the same setup as you, but very slow.

I gave up and went back to Yosemite, which works very well. I use it as a TV server. I generally use a USB for audio, it is more reliable.

Series 6 UEFI BIOS is known to be buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back