Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

Guys... I've re-installed macOS on the Optane 905p, and it works without NVMEfix with no issues. Actually, in common operations it is BLAZING FAST! My goodness, it's like having a RAM disk. Believe me, it's incredible.
It goes through the money in your wallet blazingly fast too :lol:. Glad you got it working.

Yep it’s really expensive, but I’ve found it new sealed at half of the retail price on eBay

In windows and Linux, hot plug is working, in macOS it is not working normally.

But with the tbt hotplug ssdt applied for Maple Ridge, I can confirm that while hot plug doesn’t work as it should in macOS (I.e., a hotplugged device should connect as soon as it is plugged in), entering and resuming from s3 sleep allows the hot plug procedure to complete and then the hotplugged device connects normally. But yes, for now, you should connect your tbt device(s) prior to booting.

Finally, some older thunderbolt devices, specifically some of the JHL6240 variety, don't hotplug with Maple Ridge even in windows. Seems that there is a bug in v26, 26.5, and v29 of the Maple Ridge NVM firmware. Gigabyte is aware of the problem, and so is intel. No word on when a fix will be available.
Hi! My components have arrived. Gigabyte z590 Vision D + Intel Core i9 1850k. These days I am willing to put myself with the installation.
But first I have some questions.

1- Can I run Catalina, or is it convenient directly to Big Sur?
2- I have a Fenvi t919 that interrupts sleep in my previous build, so I'm afraid that it will do it in this build too, and I can't go into sleep
3- What is s3 suspension? How is it configured?

From now on I am always grateful to you!

Hi! My components have arrived. Gigabyte z590 Vision D + Intel Core i9 1850k. These days I am willing to put myself with the installation.
But first I have some questions.

1- Can I run Catalina, or is it convenient directly to Big Sur?
2- I have a Fenvi t919 that interrupts sleep in my previous build, so I'm afraid that it will do it in this build too, and I can't go into sleep
3- What is s3 suspension? How is it configured?

From now on I am always grateful to you!
Hello There.

Your CPU can run Catalina, Big Sur, and/or Monterey. I have run all 3 and I recommend not using Catalina unless there is a specific app that you need that won't run on Big Sur or Monterey. I like Monterey the most. With its embedded Airplay receiver (i.e., the Mac can receive airplay signals, similar to an Apple TV).

To answer your questions:
1. I would recommend Big Sur or Monterey when it launches.

2. Fenvi T919 may be waking the system due to the noisy bluetooth USB module; one thing that has helped me has been to set the USB port that it is connected to to 'Internal' in my USB ports SSDT.

3. S3 suspension refers to 'suspend to ram.' There are several ACPI power management states that a computer can be in, with S0 being the normal on state. S3 is what we refer to as putting the computer to sleep, i.e., storing the operating system context into ram so that it can paged back to disk later when the system wakes up. It is a low wake latency sleeping state. RAM maintains power, refreshes slowly. Power supply reduces power. CPU is powered down I believe. S3 is a way to save power when the computer is not in use, rather than leaving it running all day/nite and consuming watts that it otherwise need not consume. It is a way to be environmentally friendly and not have to shut down and restart the operating system when the computer is not in use...

Last edited:
Hello There.

Your CPU can run Catalina, Big Sur, and/or Monterey. I have run all 3 and I recommend not using Catalina unless there is a specific app that you need that won't run on Big Sur or Monterey. I like Monterey the most. With its embedded Airplay receiver (i.e., the Mac can receive airplay signals, similar to an Apple TV).

To answer your questions:
1. I would recommend Big Sur or Monterey when it launches.

2. Fenvi T919 may be waking the system due to the noisy bluetooth USB module; one thing that has helped me has been to set the USB port that it is connected to to 'Internal' in my USB ports SSDT.

3. S3 suspension refers to 'suspend to ram.' There are several ACPI power management states that a computer can be in, with S0 being the normal on state. S3 is what we refer to as putting the computer to sleep, i.e., storing the operating system context into ram so that it can paged back to disk later when the system wakes up. It is a low wake latency sleeping state. RAM maintains power, refreshes slowly. Power supply reduces power. CPU is powered down I believe. S3 is a way to save power when the computer is not in use, rather than leaving it running all day/nite and consuming watts that it otherwise need not consume. It is a way to be environmentally friendly and not have to shut down and restart the operating system when the computer is not in use...
Today Assemble the hackintosh,
Gigabyte z590 Vision D
Intel Core i9 10850K
Radeon RX570 4GB
FENVI t919
GC TITAN RIDGE WITH CUSTOM FIRMWARE

Everything is going wonderfully, I have good and bad news ...
Thunderbolt Hot Plug works through titan ridge with the jumper pin and ssdt hackindrom modified the PCI0 to PC00 RP21.
But for starters, something VERY strange is happening.
When I plug in my apollo and turn it on, if I have LG's UltraWide monitor as a display, a kernel panic occurs. Now, although I have a Noblex full hd monitor connected, everything is going great. I don't understand what may be causing the problem. I am willing to do what they tell me. On the other hand, I could not get a connection even cold with the TB4, must I be doing something wrong?

MacOS: Big Sur 11.5.2

buy the titan ridge on ebay. The firmware has already been modified.

I have been able to fix the Thunderbolt problem. I changed the SMBIOS model from Mac Pro 7.1 to iMac Pro 1.1. What do you recommend for an i9-10850K and Z590 Vision D?

I am currently using a Gigabyte Z590M Gaming X with i9 10900.
Working very well.
I'm using Titan Ridge from my old Z390M Gaming, but it's not working hotplug. I have an Orico TB3 SSD and he is not recognizing it.
What did you do to make it work? I downloaded from HackinDROM and it still didn't work.

Hello, what I did was start for the first time with the thunderbolt device plugged in. I opened the ioreg and saw the direction of the thunderbolt. I just typed thunderbolt into the search engine. And I saw that in my case I had to modify the SSDT with PC00 RP21. I do not expect it to be the same in your case ... I am here for what I can help you

@dehjomz

Hello, from what I see we have the same mother and I am experiencing some problems with the ethernet ports, do they work for you? I have a Fenvi t919. But the ethernets say: Self-assigned IP. It will have to do with the VT-D, thank you very much in advance!

Back