Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370M Gaming AC
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX780ti
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to do a mini-ITX fanless build using built in graphics. It looks like most boards are dual HDMI 1.4 - 4k @ 24hz, so i'm looking at boards with DisplayPort which should give me 4k @ 60hz.

This basically limits me to z270 and b250 chipsets and the following boards (in Australia anyway)
ASUS ROG Strix B250I Gaming Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z270I Gaming Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270N Gaming 5 Motherboard

I've had a read through the 200 series testing... am I biting off way to much on this?
It seems like a total minefield right now with the 200 chipsets.

Any advice or experience with these boards would be appreciated.
If I have to go back to a Z170 chipset, I basically have to go HDMI and deal with 24hz on the graphics, but this might be better than dealing with a 270 board with a ton of issues.

Thanks for your help and thoughts!

I'll post a build log once I get started on this new build.

~Ben

Once the High Sierra Public beta is released we'll get a better idea of which motherboards, Z270 and other chipsets, will be the best choices. It's not that far away as the P.B. should be available in July. Keep checking the site to see what results Z270 owners are having with it.

I just picked up a asus strix b250i with i3 7100. I will let ya know how it turns out.

Did you have success? Please, can you tell me, if the Wifi card is swappable? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back