Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had 10.9.5, but I wanted to try 10.10.1 and Clover.
Credits

My system is:

Processor: Intel Core i7 4770 3.4GHz box (Haswell)
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H
Graphic: GeForce GTX 660 2GB DDR5
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10 Dual Channel Kit
SSD Samsung 512GB SATA-III 2.5 inch 840 EVO Series Basic
Hard disk Toshiba 2TB SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB
Bluray COMBO LG BDDVDRW CH12NS30
Iogear USB bluetooth

All seems to work fine, even the annoying bug seems to be gone, since I've put the optical unit as External in BIOS.
Code:
BUG in process suhelperd[xxx]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, 1 external, 0..

My system does not use the Intel Graphic Chip, it's disabled, and I use DVI out from nVidia GTX 660 card.
For audio, I use Optical (digital) OUT.

1. You need to have the latest BIOS.
Now the latest BIOS is F7.
Flash it with Q-Flash from an Fat32 USB disk, in BIOS.
* BIOS setting will return to defaults, so you need to set it up again

SEE MY BIOS SETTINGS

2. Read how to fix iMessage

3. Follow the generic guide from here, but at the step 20, use the attached config.plist from Preinstall_config.plist.zip, edited with an text editor those sections:

Code:
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>MLB</key>
		<string>J58[B]####[/B]NNZJTF</string>
		<key>ROM</key>
		<string>YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY</string>

On the ROM values yyyy... put the MAC address from your network card. You can find this info in BIOS.

The MLB part is a little tricky, try to put some random figures instead of #### (eg: J581515NNZJTF)

===
Code:
<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz</string>

Put the generated SN instead of zzzz...

In order to calculate an SN, open config.plist in Clover Configurator - SMBIOS, use the Wizard - iMac 14.2 definitions, Shake, Shake on Week of Manufacturer and Unit number

z6X7j1W.jpg

I've attached 10.10 folder, with:

Code:
AppleHDA.kext - sound
AppleIntelE1000e.kext - network (3.1)
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

4. After Yosemite Installation, install and run Semulov and mount the EFI partition, where you will find /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

CAjUl4i.jpg

Replace config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with the one from Postinstall_config.plist
* edit and add your values for ROM/MLB/SN from above (#3)

If Network is not working, You may need to install with Kext Utility (drag&drop) the AppleHDA.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext

If you will see network disconnected from time to time, see here

You can Install Mac CUDA drivers.

g2vY29I.jpg

Geekbench 3 score
Cqppgi5.jpg

Attachments

• Preinstall_config.plist.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 349
  • 10.10.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 349
  • Postinstall_config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 454
Congrats Courage2000!!!

My Build is

Intel i7-4770K, Gigabyte Z87-D3HP Motherboard, 8GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 4600... (No Graphics Card)

I installed Yosemite using "UNIBEAST" and Post installation using "MULTIBEAST"..

After Post installation i've my native Resolution 1920x1080 but my intel HD Graphics 4600 is not recognised,

I've installed Realtek ALC892 from Audio drivers Menu in MULTIBEAST.. But i can't hear any audio...

My Ethernet is just working fine.... :D

I think we both have the same motherboard, u installed Yosemite from Clover..

Do i need to install Yosemite from Clover to solve all these problems??? please help me... :cry:

I did not use the IntelHD graphic yet...

put here your org.chameleon.boot.plist

I think you should have minimum:

GraphicsEnabler=No
IGPEnabler=Yes

Read more here
===

You need to manually install the drivers.

Use Kext Utility (drag&drop) to install
- FakeSMC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
- AppleHDA.kext
- AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Restart and go to System Settings - Sound - Output - Select your output

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 10.11.42.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 10.11.42.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 327
I just Fixed Intel HD Graphics 4600. I've Reinstall the OS X Using Clover method. It works Fine for me. Audio had also installed. Both AppleHDA.kext & AppleHDA892.kext is also there. But i can't hear any sound.. :rolleyes:View attachment 116896

My Audio Preference Window...

Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 2.12.16 pm.png

Thank you!! This worked great for my GA-Z98MX-D3H build as well. I am using the native Intel HD4600 graphics, and got it to work simply by changing the config.plist, where Graphics Inject for Intel to <true/>

Also as you mentioned, I had to use the Kext Utility for getting my standard line-out sound (AppleHDA) and ethernet (AppleIntelE1000e) to work. I haven't tried the iMessage stuff yet, but everything else looks smooth so far.

I completed this guide a while ago and worked perfectly, got a fully functional Mac with hardware very similar to the one on this guide, the only difference is my GTX 770 and no BluRay burner.

Now I upgraded to a bigger SSD so I cloned my Yosemite install using Carbon Copy Cloner, then booted using the old SSD and installed Clover on the new one using the settings on Step 4 here plus your Post Install config.plist with my ROM/MLB/Serial and kexts, and for the life of me I can't figure why is not booting from the new SSD!

I installed Clover on the new SSD using the UEFI option.

Any advice on this?

I completed this guide a while ago and worked perfectly, got a fully functional Mac with hardware very similar to the one on this guide, the only difference is my GTX 770 and no BluRay burner.

Now I upgraded to a bigger SSD so I cloned my Yosemite install using Carbon Copy Cloner, then booted using the old SSD and installed Clover on the new one using the settings on Step 4 here plus your Post Install config.plist with my ROM/MLB/Serial and kexts, and for the life of me I can't figure why is not booting from the new SSD!

I installed Clover on the new SSD using the UEFI option.

Any advice on this?

I should've mention that the error I was getting was the KP

Code:
unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp

I found out that this was caused by disabling the onboard audio controller (I have an USB Bose sound system, so I don't use the onboard audio).

The solution was to set the onboard audio to Enabled on the BIOS, for some reason setting it to Auto didn't work. I guess I could've also removed AppleHDA kext from /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.10, but I'm afraid to touch anything else at this point.

Now everything boots up like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back