Asus R510JK
CPU
i7-4710HQ
Graphics
HD 4600/GTX 850M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I recently installed Yosemite on my laptop and I have a problem with brightness. The thing is whenever I put my computer to sleep or shutdown it, and turn it on again I have to go into System Preferences to set the brightness to proper level (slider is on its place, I just have to click it). I installed the newest ACPIBacklight.kext from RehabMan with Yosemite fixes but it didn't help. What could be causing this?

My best

Hi,

I recently installed Yosemite on my laptop and I have a problem with brightness. The thing is whenever I put my computer to sleep or shutdown it, and turn it on again I have to go into System Preferences to set the brightness to proper level (slider is on its place, I just have to click it). I installed the newest ACPIBacklight.kext from RehabMan with Yosemite fixes but it didn't help. What could be causing this?

My best

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

You do not have the latest ACPIBacklight.kext installed.

Sorry, confused directories. Got the kext in "10.9" folder. Thanks for help anyway.

My best

Sorry, confused directories. Got the kext in "10.9" folder. Thanks for help anyway.

My best

I take it you have it working now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back