Yosemite 10.10.4 Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Clover boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
sabertooth 77
CPU
Graphics
7970 ati
I felt like I could make life a little easier for others who have shared in my Yosemite frustrations :banghead:

My system -

Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth Z77
CPU : 3770K Overclocked
Graphics Card : Radeon 7970 overclocked
Hard Drive : PCI Ex / msata 250gb(Samsung Evo 850)
RAM : 16GB Vengence 2400 overclocked
CPU Cooling : Kraken water cooled

My Bios is the latest version with the following settings.
UEFI boot - CSM enabled and set to Other OS
1st boot priority given to OSX SSD (and later to EFI partition)
Graphics : IGPU & PCI Ex enabled - IMPORTANT - IGP must be sized to 64mb of memory
apart from this most settings are standard except overclocking.

Firstly I used Unibeast to install Yosemite which booted and installed no problem.

1st boot from the Unibeast USB - no problem here

Downloaded Multibeast and used the following settings and installed them to my OS installed disk

MultiBeast Configuration - 2015-08-06 01:52:46-----------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader SupportDrivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HDAEnabler > Audio ID: 2Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.16.1372

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.16.1372
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.16.1372Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0a
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
USB 3.0 generic (not sure if this one is necessary)

Note: I did not install the boot loader.

Downloaded Clover bootloader and did the following.
-Ran the Clover.pkg
-when given the option select Custom Install
I ticked the Following boxes
:ch:-Install Clover in the ESP
Bootloader
:ch:-Install boot0af in MBR
Clover EFI
:ch:-CloverEFI 64-bits SATA
Themes
:ch:-All of them
Drivers64UEFI
:ch:-DataHubDxe-64
:ch:-OsxAptioFixDrv-64

also :ch:-install Clover Preference Pane

Go to /OSX(your OS hd)/EFI/Clover/config.plist <- open with textedit, change darkwake to darkwake=0 close textedit. This fixed sleep/wake for me.

Then repair disk permissions in Disk Utility.

Reboot

upon reboot enter Bios setup using DEL or F2
Set and select EFI partition as boot disk
boot system

Enjoy Yosemite

I am still working on a solution to speed up the boot time, I will try and update this guide when I get time to do so.

Hopefully my guide will help bypass some issues

Hi, thanks for this guide. I just upgraded to El Capitan with Clover. Weird thing for me, my rear USB ports don't work. They worked perfectly under Chimera/Yosemite. Thoughts?

Hey! Did you manage to speed up your boot time? I am using an nvidia gtx 670 with the sabertooth z77 with elcapitain. It was taking forever to get to the boot menu, and I tried so many bios settings (and the log>false plist setting).... Just plugged a second monitor in using DVI (The primary monitor was alone using hdmi originally) and for some reason its really quick..... not saying that using dvi speeds it up because I can't really see why but it seems to have done the trick?

Not sure if anyone else can explain that but hey it may be worth trying switching hdmi to dvi if it may work..... would be interesting to see if this works for anyone else or if it is just a coincidence.

Oh and my rear usb appear to be working fine so you should be able to do it. I believe I used the settings above, if you want me to paste any files that might help give me a shout. (You would need to tell me which ones because I just did the above (I think))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back