Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980
So, I managed to get my Hackintosh rock solid stable, but can't get HDMI audio working on the 780TI. I have an i5-3570k, MSI Z77a-GD65 motherboard, Two 780TIs in SLI, and 16 GB of ram.

The 780TIs display and load perfectly with the Nvidia web drivers, but with the stock apple display driver the display flashes when I move my mouse and the refresh rate seems...off. In addition, if I don't do an NV_Disable flag, the system kernel panics shortly after boot. I heard that the stock apple driver will produce sound. Is this true? If so, can someone help me to avoid the panic on the regular Apple Display drivers with a boot flag of some sort?

I looked into enabling HDMI audio in the sticky at the top of this forum, but it all mentions editing the DSDT file. I did not use a DSDT file on my board because it is pretty obscure in the Hackintosh world and I couldn't find one.

If anyone knows any clever ways to get the audio working over HDMI, I am all ears (Pun intended!) Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

can't get HDMI audio working on the 780TI.
OS X Drivers support HDMI audio, see HDMI Audio AppleHDA.
101.10.2 Web Driver HDMI audio is broken, no idea if/when Nvidia will fix (10.10 and 10.10.1/1st work)
Dual graphics cards required special HDMI audio dsdt edits. Extract the native dsdt.
OS X does not support SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back