Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My problem might be different, though -- I foolishly allowed the OS to automatically upgrade, temporarily forgetting that Hackintoshes are a different breed altogether. Now I can't boot. Here's how it unfolded...

My system: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, i3570k Ivy Bridge, using onboard graphics (no video card). It's a dual-boot with Windows 7.

1) The OS upgraded to 10.8.3, after which I lost my audio.
2) I used MB to reinstall the audio drivers, but checked the box for ALL of them instead of opening the options and only checking the Realtek ones.
3) I rebooted and got the following screen:

IMAG0424.jpg

After that, I used MacDrive to go into system/library/extensions and remove the VooDoo folder, but rebooting still gets the same error.

Tried using Unibeast to boot, then booting my regular OSX drive using safe mode, but I still get that same error.

Can anyone offer advice? I'm stumped.

My problem might be different, though -- I foolishly allowed the OS to automatically upgrade, temporarily forgetting that Hackintoshes are a different breed altogether. Now I can't boot. Here's how it unfolded...

My system: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H, i3570k Ivy Bridge, using onboard graphics (no video card). It's a dual-boot with Windows 7.

1) The OS upgraded to 10.8.3, after which I lost my audio.
2) I used MB to reinstall the audio drivers, but checked the box for ALL of them instead of opening the options and only checking the Realtek ones.
3) I rebooted and got the following screen:

View attachment 50307

After that, I used MacDrive to go into system/library/extensions and remove the VooDoo folder, but rebooting still gets the same error.

Tried using Unibeast to boot, then booting my regular OSX drive using safe mode, but I still get that same error.

Can anyone offer advice? I'm stumped.

Try booting with "-f" (ignore cache). VoodooHDA is probably still in your kernel cache so it is still loading...

Bingo. It worked, and I was able to use MB to reinstall the correct audio drivers.

Muchas gracias, RehabMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back