Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Not sure where to post this, so here goes. I have a Hackintosh desktop that has been running well for almost a year. Yesterday, there was a power outage. It shut down completely and now won't power back on again. The case and CPU fans run at a high speed, but there is no hard drive activity and nothing come up on the display. (I've tried both HDMI and DVI.) I've tried resetting the CMOS. I've tried disconnecting everything but the CPU and 1 stick of RAM. Still nothing.

Specs:
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z87-HD3 Motherboard (Using onboard graphics)
Processor - i5-4570
RAM - 2x 8gb Corsair Ballistix Sport
Storage - 120gb Samsung 840EVO SSD, 1tb Seagate HDD
Power - Corsair CX500M
Case - Corsair 200r
Optical Drive - LG UH12NS30 DVD/Blu-ray
OS 10.10.1
Bootloader - Chimera (From Unibeast 5.0.1)
WiFi - TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When you say you reset the CMOS did you just short the jumper or did you actually disconnect the power and then remove the CMOS battery ?

Another thing you could try is disconnect the power lead and then hold in the On button for 30 secs, reconnect power and switch on.

Good Luck

When you say you reset the CMOS did you just short the jumper or did you actually disconnect the power and then remove the CMOS battery ?

Another thing you could try is disconnect the power lead and then hold in the On button for 30 secs, reconnect power and switch on.

Good Luck

I tried resetting CMOS both ways. Also, just tried the second suggestion and no dice...

The only other thing I can think of is to install a speaker to the onboard pins and see if there is a beep code to help you with diagnostics.

After that you're into replacing parts - Motherboard - CPU - PSU.

The only other thing I can think of is to install a speaker to the onboard pins and see if there is a beep code to help you with diagnostics.

After that you're into replacing parts - Motherboard - CPU - PSU.

Speaker ordered and on it's way. Thank you, Amazon Prime! We'll see how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back