gt 610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
(Solved) won't boot after update without help

Despite warnings, I didn't do a backup before updating because of 2 factors. 1. I have no hard drive to back up to, and 2. All known things that this update breaks shouldn't effect my rig.

Specs
Dell Vostro 200
2.4Ghz dual core Pentium
Nvidia Geoforce GT610
RTL8169 Ethernet
Modded bios for ahci

Anyway, after the update I can no longer boot into ML from the hard drive, with Chameleon as my bootloader. When I select my ML partition, the before says no Bootcache and returns a Mach 0 error. No flags can help me. But if my MyDrive install USB stick is in, I can then choose for Chameleon to boot that (no flags) and it will proceed to load kexts from the USB stick and then boot my actual ML installation, which runs great with full hardware acceleration. Because I have such horrible internet, I really do not want to reinstall and have to do this update again. I'd like to just boot straight into ML. And help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried running myfix. Here's my boot.log.

Attachments

• BootLog.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 154
(solved) won't boot after update without help

I'm an idiot...somehow, post update, my org.chameleon.Boot.plist showed a reference to forcing 32bit. I'd delete this if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back