Graphics
Nvidia Gforce GTX 480 EliteGroup
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So .. Windows 7 are on SSD 1 and hackintosh on SSD 2. When first booted on OSX it worked perfectly. Than booted on WIN and it installed some kind of a driver on the SSD 2 that keeps making the OSX crash or freeze every time I boot them after that.

So far I've tried disabling automatic driver updates and manually removing them from the Sys32 folder plus disable/uninstall them from device manager.

When I do that and boot on the OSX It works great again..but if I boot on windows first thing it does is to install the drivers again...

Driver names are

/disk.sys
/partmgr.sys

P.S.

I did my first built overnight and it was reaaallyyy easy (except this particular incident ) thanks to you guys and the vast amount of info on this site.

So .. Windows 7 are on SSD 1 and hackintosh on SSD 2. When first booted on OSX it worked perfectly. Than booted on WIN and it installed some kind of a driver on the SSD 2 that keeps making the OSX crash or freeze every time I boot them after that.

So far I've tried disabling automatic driver updates and manually removing them from the Sys32 folder plus disable/uninstall them from device manager.

When I do that and boot on the OSX It works great again..but if I boot on windows first thing it does is to install the drivers again...

Driver names are

/disk.sys
/partmgr.sys

P.S.

I did my first built overnight and it was reaaallyyy easy (except this particular incident ) thanks to you guys and the vast amount of info on this site.

I'm not sure what you're doing, perhaps you need to describe it better. First of all, there is no way Windows will place files onto your OS X partition -- it doesn't know anything about HFS+ file system, so it can't. Windows will simply not have any access to your OS X volume. And second of all, there is no Sys32 directory on either system (Windows has \Windows\system32). ????

Sorry! You're right! I've just been up for too long I guess.

I actually managed to find a solution to it.

I'm not sure what was the problem but every time I'd boot Windows I could see a pop up window on the bottom right corner installing drivers for the SSD that the OSX is on. So those windows-installed drivers would prevent OSX from booting (I was getting kernel panics mostly on the apple boot screen) and the only way to get the osx to work was to go back on windows delete or uninstall those drivers/files and then boot up the osx. But every time I got back on windows it was re-installing them automatically ..and the whole problem was going back where it started.

So basically I just had to go through the device manager and find the device's (osx ssd) GUID class and then prevent windows from automatically installing any driver related to that device's id.

I'm not sure if it's a common problem or something that happened only to me but if anyone's interested I could post a more detailed version along with some guide links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back