Contribute
Register

Windows 8.1 and Mavericks installed... Only Mavericks can boot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully installed windows 8.1 on one of my SSD's early this morning. Later (after many many hours), I finally got OS X all the way up to Mavericks on the second SSD. After I installed both of them on separate drives, I plugged in both of them, and I made sure I edited the BIOS to make the OS X Drive boot first. After restarting, I expected to see a screen showing both OS's, but only Mavericks was showing. I also tried to press F12 at the boot screen, and manually access a drive, but it still brought me back to the screen waiting for me to boot Mavericks.

I also tried playing around with Multibeast, to see if I could enable the Instant Menu. That was also a failure, as nothing changed when I enabled it.

Is there anyway to access Windows? When I installed Windows, I definitely made sure to switch it to Legacy mode so that it would install correctly.

Is there a reason why Windows isn't showing?

Please help my Dual Boot Dilemma!
Thank you.

Here's my Build:
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU: i7-4770k 3.5GHz
GPU: Asus GTX 770, 2GB GDDR5
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB(2x8) DDR3 1600MHz
SSD: 2x (SanDisk Extreme SSD 120GB SATA 6.0)
HDD: 1x (Seagate Baracude 2TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s)

I just plugged in only the drive with Windows 8 on it, and now that stopped working altogether?

What happened to this drive? What happened to windows?

I just plugged in only the drive with Windows 8 on it, and now that stopped working altogether?

What happened to this drive? What happened to windows?

Did you connect the SATA cable back to the exact same port you used to install Win8?

MS is really getting anal about software piracy and, the way Win8 takes a "snapshot" of the hardware when you install, it doesn't like changes in hardware.

I completely erased the ssd that Windows was on, and then re-installed.
Finally! At boot, my computer recognizes both OS's!! This has definitely been a loooong few days.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back