Graphics
integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an old windows machine I and I have been reading around to find out how to utilise MAC OSX on it. Though I have a couple of questions as I got a little stumped on the hardware (maybe me being thick).

Anyway, what I have is a ASUS P7H57D-V EVO board with an i3 530, integrated graphics (via HDMI) and a SATA 6GBs Western Digital HD.

I have looked and noted that the board and processor seem to be compatible but I am not too sure on a SATA 6GBs HD? Is that a problem? If it is do I just connect it to the SATA 3Gbs controller?

P.S. Anything else I missed that I should be aware of?

I have an old windows machine I and I have been reading around to find out how to utilise MAC OSX on it. Though I have a couple of questions as I got a little stumped on the hardware (maybe me being thick).

Anyway, what I have is a ASUS P7H57D-V EVO board with an i3 530, integrated graphics (via HDMI) and a SATA 6GBs Western Digital HD.

I have looked and noted that the board and processor seem to be compatible but I am not too sure on a SATA 6GBs HD? Is that a problem? If it is do I just connect it to the SATA 3Gbs controller?

P.S. Anything else I missed that I should be aware of?

yellowplum

The sata ports to connect the drive and dvd need to be on the intel ports SATA2 qty 4
the other two should be turned off in the bios for now.

As your CPU is pre - Ivy or Sandy Bridge you do not need the UPDATE Helper program.

Having a SATA3 drive on a SATA 2 port is ok. Also having a working computer w an OS like Windows is great - if you have a second system to do research downloads make cd etc then fine you can delete the contents of the drive you are using -

The onboard Graphcs will not work or work w minimum abilities. So a used / recycled / low cost GFX card would be ideal. Unless you just want to "play with it".

What version of the OSX were you going to use - as retail copies of OSX Snow Leopard are as scarce as chickens teeth now.

I also suggest you look at this link read all posts. http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=748

Also something was mentioned in this link - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/04/dsdt-free-and-userdsdt-solutions-for.html
for info on DSDT files for this motherboard but cant be found at this time....
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/04/dsdt-database-update-asus-socket-1156_18.html

Anyways this will be somewhat difficult but should work w some limitations,

Thanks for the comments...

Do I need to wipe the HD prior to attempting to install? (done - factory reset cleaned drive)

I don't have a GPU currently that I can use as I always used onboard with this machine - if possible I would prefer to install without a separate GPU card for the moment to make sure everything works before considering buying one.

I have tried downloading Unibeast and then used 10.8.2 (whatever the latest release from Apple was) it didn't work. However I can get a copy of Snow Leopard to install if it would be easier to use first (one of the laptops in the house had Snow Leopard so still have the CD).

I saw there is a DSDT file for my board, do I need to utilise this somehow prior to installing the OS?

Update - tried to remove everything from the mobo and left the RAM, CPU and HD in when I tried Multibeast it would not load the install screen for OSX, it seemed to hang around a line saying Boot cache control: Unable to open VAR/DB/bootcache.playlist and then proceed on a line about the network card and just stayed didn't move.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back