Contribute
Register

will osx snow leopard 10.6.8 run on my toshiba satelite laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was also wondering if you think my local best buy's geek squad could make me a bootable flash drive if i purchased mountain lion and a big enough flash drive if i told them my computer crashed or something

alright is it a possibility to do this from my ipad because that's the closest thing i have to a mac haha

No.

i just don't understand whats causing the problem with snow leopard is it my Intel hd graphics 4000 or my CPU

Snow Leopard does not support Ivy Bridge CPUs or Intel HD4000.

i just don't want to go threw the effort of buying mountain lion to find out its not going to work im sure you understand

That is just part of the risk you take. Apple designs it to work on their computers. Getting it to work on non-Apple hardware is a gamble and a lot of tinkering.

- - - Updated - - -

i was also wondering if you think my local best buy's geek squad could make me a bootable flash drive if i purchased mountain lion and a big enough flash drive if i told them my computer crashed or something

I don't know. I've never worked at Best Buy and am not familiar with their policies on such matters.

well then ill just have to try what you suggested and see were that gets me i really appreciate your time in all this if i run into any more problems with mountain lion ill probably be back but thank you again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back