Contribute
Register

will an external usb bluetooth dongle work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
will an external usb bluetooth dongle work for the 4530s/ 4430s in Lion ?
Has anyone tried using external usb bluetooth ?

external dongles work fine. the advantage to using a dongle is that if/when you wake your laptop from sleep, and bluetooth doesn't restart, you just unplug and replug the dongle and BT is up and running again.

i'm a fan of the CHEAP BT dongles--often 99cents/free shipping from meritline.com

faithie999 said:
external dongles work fine. the advantage to using a dongle is that if/when you wake your laptop from sleep, and bluetooth doesn't restart, you just unplug and replug the dongle and BT is up and running again.

i'm a fan of the CHEAP BT dongles--often 99cents/free shipping from meritline.com

Sweet !
I am looking for a mini/micro sized bluetooth dongle
any particular one I should buy for it to be mac compatible ?

devmasa said:
faithie999 said:

Sweet !
maybe some from Belkin or other
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.ph ... r_Database

polino said:
devmasa said:
faithie999 said:

Sweet !
maybe some from Belkin or other
wiki/index.php/Bluetooth_Adapter_Database

I just bought one from Belkin, it works but I still can't connect my Magic Trackpad :( maybe problem is somewhere else :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back