Motherboard
Xiaomi Notebook Pro 15"-Clover
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620 / Disabled Nvidia MX 150
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey, I have an up and running hackintosh laptop, it is a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro (i7-8550U variant)
I made the installation following daliansky's guide and I am using the config provided in his github.
So far everything is working perfectly except the Wifi card I installed, you can find the reference in the title.
The issue being that it's sometimes working, sometimes not ;
-If I shutdown the computer completely, and boot with my current setup, wifi will work (albeit super slow, but I think this is due to bad quality antennas, I ordered new ones that I should receive in 3-4 days)
-If I reboot the computer, the wifi icon will display "No hardware installed"
-If I close the lid and reopen it in the next 10 seconds or so, wifi is still working.
-If I put the computer to sleep and wait about 10 minutes, maybe a bit less, wifi is off and I can't re enable it.
-I've had an instance where I think the wifi was off due to previous sleep, I put it in sleep mode again and wifi was enabled again somehow...

So far I've tried these things :
-AirportBrcmFixup.kext with debug version of Lilu.kext properly installed in /Library/Extensions
-I've tried loading them from Clover, no difference.
-I've tried RehabMan's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi
-I've tried adding the fcvo fixup to my clover config, and it seems that this is required for my WiFi chip to be working, although not properly.

You can find in the attachments everything that I believe is required for troubleshooting this, I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 60
  • Khiman’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 56
  • RehabMan.zip
    62.1 KB · Views: 46
  • TerminalOutput.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Kextcache_output.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 81
Hey, I have an up and running hackintosh laptop, it is a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro (i7-8550U variant)
I made the installation following daliansky's guide and I am using the config provided in his github.
So far everything is working perfectly except the Wifi card I installed, you can find the reference in the title.
The issue being that it's sometimes working, sometimes not ;
-If I shutdown the computer completely, and boot with my current setup, wifi will work (albeit super slow, but I think this is due to bad quality antennas, I ordered new ones that I should receive in 3-4 days)
-If I reboot the computer, the wifi icon will display "No hardware installed"
-If I close the lid and reopen it in the next 10 seconds or so, wifi is still working.
-If I put the computer to sleep and wait about 10 minutes, maybe a bit less, wifi is off and I can't re enable it.
-I've had an instance where I think the wifi was off due to previous sleep, I put it in sleep mode again and wifi was enabled again somehow...

So far I've tried these things :
-AirportBrcmFixup.kext with debug version of Lilu.kext properly installed in /Library/Extensions
-I've tried loading them from Clover, no difference.
-I've tried RehabMan's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi
-I've tried adding the fcvo fixup to my clover config, and it seems that this is required for my WiFi chip to be working, although not properly.

You can find in the attachments everything that I believe is required for troubleshooting this, I'm at a bit of a loss here.
The fcvo patch isn't needed in 10.13 and later. Your ioreg shows AirPortBrcm4360.kext loaded. Have you disabled Wake for network access in Sys Prefs - Energy Saver? Also, your kextcache output proves kexts aren't installed correctly. All kexts you need should go to /L/E.

The fcvo patch isn't needed in 10.13 and later. Your ioreg shows AirPortBrcm4360.kext loaded. Have you disabled Wake for network access in Sys Prefs - Energy Saver? Also, your kextcache output proves kexts aren't installed correctly. All kexts you need should go to /L/E.
I made AirPortBrcm4360 force load in Clover, and all the kexts I have installed are into /L/E.
I disabled Wake for network in energy saver already, I will also disable fcvo patch because it seems in the end it makes no difference, you are right.
I installed them using kext utility, they have root:wheel as owner and group and the right permissions.

Could you be a bit more specific into what I did wrong ?

Thanks for stopping by !

By the way, at the time I created all the troubleshooting required files, wifi was up and running.

Last edited:
I made AirPortBrcm4360 force load in Clover, and all the kexts I have installed are into /L/E.
I disabled Wake for network in energy saver already, I will also disable fcvo patch because it seems in the end it makes no difference, you are right.
I installed them using kext utility, they have root:wheel as owner and group and the right permissions.

Could you be a bit more specific into what I did wrong ?

Thanks for stopping by !

By the way, at the time I created all the troubleshooting required files, wifi was up and running.
Only Lilu and WhateverGreen are installed to /L/E. You should have the rest there too. Read the FAQ regarding taping pins to disable the radio-off feature of the wifi card.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Only Lilu and WhateverGreen are installed to /L/E. You should have the rest there too. Read the FAQ regarding taping pins to disable the radio-off feature of the wifi card.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I was under the assumption that loading kexts in clover was just a better method.
Nevertheless, after removing the fcvo patch, and after a shutdown>boot sequence I got no hardware installed. I put it back again, and it worked.

I will try installing all my third party kexts into /L/E to see if it changes anything.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I was a firm believer of that myth !

I copied everything properly using kext beast into /L/E and so far the behaviour is the exact same as it was before.
I put clover kext injecting on Detect mode too.

You need to describe your problem with details and attach new PR files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back