CPU
i5-8365U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I have Sonoma working well on my Dell Latitude 7400 with Intel WiFi.

I wanted to try my BCM94360CS2 card with OCLP for airdrop etc, physically it fits which is great because there doesn't seem to be many laptops with the space inside for it to fit with the adapter, annoyingly one of the antenna leads is about 3mm short!

Has anyone been in the same situation and have a quick workaround?

IMG_1993.jpeg

I remembered I had some WiFi antennas I had saved (for some reason) from an old laptop, internally it looks a bit messy but it does the job!

IMG_1995.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 22.01.09.png

While your longer antenna cables have worked, the normal workaround is to use extension antenna cables, like these.

Vecys 2PCS U.FL IPEX IPX Male to U.FL IPEX IPX Female Cable 6" /15CM U.fl/IPEX IPX 1.37mm Low-Loss Extension Cable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C8M67PKP?tag=tonymacx86-21

While your longer antenna cables have worked, the normal workaround is to use extension antenna cables, like these.

Vecys 2PCS U.FL IPEX IPX Male to U.FL IPEX IPX Female Cable 6" /15CM U.fl/IPEX IPX 1.37mm Low-Loss Extension Cable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C8M67PKP?tag=tonymacx86-21

Fantastic! I'll get some of these ordered, for £5 it's worth it to clean up the wire mess inside!

Many thanks

Just make sure you buy an extension cable with the correct connectors on each end.

Just make sure you buy an extension cable with the correct connectors on each end.

I didn't actually check the connectors, they looked right so I just ordered them, it turns out they don't fit :lol:

On a plus note, Amazon refunded them and didn't even want them sending back!

After a bit more research I think the ones linked are for mini PCIe WiFi cards, the connectors I need are MHF4 for m.2/NGFF WiFi cards.

I might have to stick to my original solution (the extra internal WiFi aerials) even if it is a bit untidy!

Thanks for your help anyway, it has helped me learn a bit more about WiFi aerials

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 14.16.20.png
IMG_2015.jpeg

Last edited:
Back