Graphics
Gigabyte AMD HD6850 1024Mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This isn't an overclocking issue per se, but it's related and hopefully belongs in this section.

When I run Cinebench 11.5, I get very different OpenGL results, depending on whether or not the application itself resides on the same partition as OSX or on a separate data partition. The CPU scores aren't affected. Geekbench scores do not vary, either, as an aside.

Here are the results, which have been replicated on my system several times over:

OpenGL run w Cinebench on OS X partition: 34.3
OpenGL run w Cinebench on Data partition: 51.2
OpenGL run w Cinebench on FlashDrive: 50.67

I'm certainly happier w the higher scores, and since the low score is associated w running Cinebench from the OS X partition, and since running it from anywhere else nearly doubles the score, I'm inclined to think the higher scores are more reflective of my system's performance. But, I can't figure why there'd be any difference in the first place.

Ideas?

Only thing I can think of is if you have an hdd then running of the OS drive would have greater latency as the OS is constantly reading and writing, while on a storage drive cinebench would be the only application reading and writing to it?

Though even then which drive its on shouldn't make a difference at all because the image is pre-loaded before it's rendered by the GPU :/ but that's the only thing I can think of for why its alot slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back