Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Wi-Fi Works on Internet Recovery but not in macOS?

Motherboard
Acer TravelMate P236
CPU
i3-5005U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all!

Recently, I've installed Catalina on an Acer Travelmate P236-M , and it works smoothly. (except for audio and wifi.)

Here's the catch, though: The Wi-Fi card works at the internet recovery screen (it's an Intel one, and I used AirportItlwm), and it installed fine without any issues.

However, after the installation, the Wi-Fi didn't work. Only the Ethernet does.

Does anyone know what solutions there are to this issue?

(I am on opencore)

Hello all!

Recently, I've installed Catalina on an Acer Travelmate P236-M , and it works smoothly. (except for audio and wifi.)

Here's the catch, though: The Wi-Fi card works at the internet recovery screen (it's an Intel one, and I used AirportItlwm), and it installed fine without any issues.

However, after the installation, the Wi-Fi didn't work. Only the Ethernet does.

Does anyone know what solutions there are to this issue?

(I am on opencore)
maybe something wrong with your EFI

maybe something wrong with your EFI
Yeah I think you’re right as it is the common place to give out errors. It’s just such a strange fenomenon that I just can’t think of the reason it won’t work.

Anyways I used AirportItlwm and I thought maybe it needs itlwm to work properly so I added them both. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I probably did make a mistake or two.

Should I upload my efi?
(And btw thanks so much for helping me out last time it was a real brain scratcher)

Yeah I think you’re right as it is the common place to give out errors. It’s just such a strange fenomenon that I just can’t think of the reason it won’t work.

Anyways I used AirportItlwm and I thought maybe it needs itlwm to work properly so I added them both. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I probably did make a mistake or two.

Should I upload my efi?
(And btw thanks so much for helping me out last time it was a real brain scratcher)
zip and upload your EFI

also read this:

zip and upload your EFI

also read this:
Hey, Sorry for the super late reply.
Anyways I removed Intwl from my kext folder as the guide you sent said to never use airportintwl and intwl togheter.
Here's the EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.6 MB · Views: 12
Hey, Sorry for the super late reply.
Anyways I removed Intwl from my kext folder as the guide you sent said to never use airportintwl and intwl togheter.
Here's the EFI
you don't really need all those Drivers enabled

also you need to do this:

you don't really need all those Drivers enabled

also you need to do this:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Are you referring to the drivers in the drivers folder? And if so, which ones should I disable or remove?
Do you think that's what's causing the wifi to not work?

I saw a video on YouTube referring to how to enable the GUI boot picker, and he said to put HFSplus, Openruntime, and OpenCanopy. (Are these the only ones needed there?)

And the guide mentions USB port configuration. My laptop only has 2 USB ports, and they both seem to be working just fine. and xhciportlimit is enabled

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Are you referring to the drivers in the drivers folder? And if so, which ones should I disable or remove?
Do you think that's what's causing the wifi to not work?

I saw a video on YouTube referring to how to enable the GUI boot picker, and he said to put HFSplus, Openruntime, and OpenCanopy. (Are these the only ones needed there?)

And the guide mentions USB port configuration. My laptop only has 2 USB ports, and they both seem to be working just fine. and xhciportlimit is enabled
HFSplus, Openruntime, and OpenCanopy are the probably the only ones you need

your usb setup is lacking, you only have xhciportlimit enabled to do the proper port setup then you disable it when you have created your usb ports kext

Hello everyone. Sorry for the slightly late reply. I hope everyone is having a happy holiday.

After quite a while, I've finally found a way to fix the wifi.

I've disabled airportitlwm, enabled itlwm, and opened up Heliport.

With that, I fixed the whole wifi issue.

Back