Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there a way to see (eg in a log file) exactly which config.plist Clover is using AND to see it using the SMBIOS sys def settings?

I'm aware of the show boot log option in Clover Configurator, and the output there seems to confirm that it is using the config.plist on the EFI volume, but here's the thing: it doesn't refer anywhere in that log to using the SMBIOS sys def settings in the plist. I am trying to change the sys def from 3,1 to 14,2. All the new settings have made it into the EFI config.plist, but when I boot thru Clover I still see the old SMBIOS values in the Clover "options" List in the bootloader UI, and in About This Mac once booted.

I've also tried editing the config.plist in the /EFI directory tree on the main boot partition, but that makes no diff so it doesn't seem to be using that one either.

The config.plist being used is contained in the EFI partition of the drive you choose from the BIOS.
I have a method, I install from USB containing one EFI Partition, install OS X and move the bootable EFI folder from the USB to EFI of the installation drive. Remove the USB then you'll know which config.plist you are now using(installation drive /EFI/config.plist) You can edit the config.plist in this EFI partition of the install drive knowing that you can boot if required from USB. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back