CPU
i5 3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm planning on buying an Asus P9X79-E WS motherboard with an Intel 4820K processor. I need to know what graphics series of cards I should be looking to buy for compatibility with this generation of CPU. I know it's not the 10 series such as the GTX 1060, as that came at a much later date. My understanding is that the 700 series is going to be the best for compatibility, as its launch date is closest to the CPU series launch date.

I want to check to be sure. If someone could verify that this is correct, and that I am doing things correctly, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
I'm planning on buying an Asus P9X79-E WS motherboard with an Intel 4820K processor. I need to know what graphics series of cards I should be looking to buy for compatibility with this generation of CPU. I know it's not the 10 series such as the GTX 1060. My understanding is that the 700 series is going to be the best for compatibility, as its launch date is closest to the CPU series launch date.

I want to check to be sure. If someone could verify that this is correct, and that I am doing things correctly, I would appreciate it.
nice list here:

Last edited:
I'm planning on buying an Asus P9X79-E WS motherboard with an Intel 4820K processor. I need to know what graphics series of cards I should be looking to buy for compatibility with this generation of CPU. I know it's not the 10 series such as the GTX 1060, as that came at a much later date. My understanding is that the 700 series is going to be the best for compatibility, as its launch date is closest to the CPU series launch date.

I have Clover 5102 running Mojave with an RX560 on a P9X79 WS-IPMI, E5-2665 @2.4GHz (8 core, 16 threads) with 64GB RAM. Your video card depends on what version of MacOS you are running, not the CPU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back