EVGA GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hellllooooooo all,
I was running 10.6.7 for the past 6 months without an issue (didn't want to upgrade and lose triple monitor support). Finally bit the bullet and went up to 10.6.8. I was using Chameleon, but upgraded to chimera seeing as that appeared to be my best option to leap forward to Lion. (btw already leaped tp 10.7.2) I basically just ran the standalone 1.7.0 chimera installer and figured it would take over and write on top of chameleon . Well all works fine, no KP and boots up. I have always booted in verbose mode and was used to seeing the bold white text scroll down the screen and boot maybe 20-30 seconds later. Currently, I now get a bunch of faint white text for about the first 45 seconds like this:
[snip]
LoadDrivers: Loading from [/Extra/Extensions.mkext]
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/Extensions.mkext] 21214 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/Accusys6xxxx.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2048 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/acfs.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1327 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/acfsctl.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1207 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/ALF.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1659 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AmbrosiaAudioSupport.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1397 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2039 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1904 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/Apple_iSight.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2025 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 3707 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIButtons.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2956 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIEC.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2133 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 6229 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1810 bytes.

[snip]

It keeps going on and on, then I finally get the bold white verbose messaging I have been used to seeing in the past and boots up.

Anyone give me a clue what is happening here, did I fubar something?
Thanks

You know verbose mode is just for DEBUGGING?

Not unless you enjoy seeing all those text during bootup...

Yea I know, but I the first 45 seconds of the "Read HFS+ ..." was never there before and it appears to take longer to boot. Not sure if it has anything to do with the upgrade to chimera, or if Lion just takes longer to boot than SL. So am I to assume this is normal behavior and Lion takes about twice as long to boot as SL.

Thanks, I'm slowly getting to speed, but still shooting from the hip. I set UseKernelCache=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and it started booting without the HFS+ cache checking, but froze up. Couldn't even use iboot to get going, had to use the install jump drive and vi the file and remove the lines through the terminal.
What file do I need to add "UseKernelCache" to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back