Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I'll combine two issues... because they kind of happened together but could be completely separate.

My computer sleeps when I tell it to. It wakes when I tell it to. But if it wakes up on its own... it doesn't "wake up". The fans are running, but nothing works.

Here's a typical scenario... I'll be on my computer... yada yada yada... I'm done. Put to sleep. Go away... come back a day later and it's running.

Turn on the monitor... nothing. Press the space bar, click the mouse, etc etc... nothing. Monitor goes to sleep. It will not wake up!!

Mixed with this, the IOGEAR GBU521 bluetooth dongle I have suddenly stopped working. On every PC I try. Hackintosh or not... it's dead. This is the second one, which leads me to believe this is not a faulty dongle, but rather something is frying it and it's going to keep happening. It's been plugged into the front port on the computer, which happens to be USB 3.0. I wouldn't think that would be an issue, but hopefully someone can chime in on that.

Any suggestions??

Specs:
GA-Z77-UD5H mobo
16gb RAM
i7 3770K
No GPU, just the HD 4000
Corsair 200r case

Thanks!!

Did my post get moved? Not sure why it's in updates... has nothing to do with updates.
In any case... bump?

No love for sleep issues?

I have also a problem with wake up.

At first time, I thought it was like you : fans spins but monitor stays in stand by.
But it was different => my wake up is very long : after 80 seconds, if I move mouse or use keyboard the screen display my unlock window.

Did you try that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back